Hot Shots Secret Gasoline Extreme

Was doing a little web surfing and was wondering how much Polyetheramine by volume was contained in this fuel conditioner. I reached out to their marketing folks via messenger on facebook and received a reply of 33% by volume. This is close to Red Line and Techron as far as I can ascertain. When reading the SDS for the Gasoline Extreme product there is no Polyetheramine represented. I re-contacted the marketing department to see if they have a more up to date SDS that showed the PEA in the product and was redirected to their R&D department at 800.341.6516 I haven't called yet as I am no chemist and their is a witches brew of chemicals contained in their formula. Do these other chemicals noted comprise a different form or building block for the beloved PEA?

Looks like just a bunch of solvents with a lot of aromatics that can help clean and maybe raise octane a bit. I would just run a tank of 93 octane.

Their marketing literature say's it contains PEA. I buy a few bottles of the Red Line complete every 6 months or so and use it on my gasoline vehicles. Being a prudent consumer I want to get bang for my buck and the consensus is PEA is important. So i do a casual check of probable percentage by volume of the myriad of products containing PEA and always go back to Red Line as it is actually well priced. I was somewhat puzzled by the SDS for the Hot Shot's product. Most everyone else shows the range for this ingredient except Techron show trade secret variations....people on this board seem to think it's PEA. The Hot Shot's doesn't reference any trade secret so I am left to conjecture.

amines are a bit different than petroleum distillates, aromatics, or solvents usually contained in these products.
And in theory have different safety considerations, so, it should be listed.

Their marketing literature say's it contains PEA. I buy a few bottles of the Red Line complete every 6 months or so and use it on my gasoline vehicles. Being a prudent consumer I want to get bang for my buck and the consensus is PEA is important. So i do a casual check of probable percentage by volume of the myriad of products containing PEA and always go back to Red Line as it is actually well priced. I was somewhat puzzled by the SDS for the Hot Shot's product. Most everyone else shows the range for this ingredient except Techron show trade secret variations....people on this board seem to think it's PEA. The Hot Shot's doesn't reference any trade secret so I am left to conjecture.
Dave is correct. Even if they had to sign an NDA it would be listed as a "Proprietary" ingredient.

I suspect the SDS has not been updated with the PEA or the LX4.

Last edited:
...Most everyone else shows the range for this ingredient except Techron show trade secret variations....people on this board seem to think it's PEA. The Hot Shot's doesn't reference any trade secret so I am left to conjecture.
Chevron's PEA additive chemistry Techron was developed by their additive company, Oronite.

Many people don't realize that Oronite is a major additive package manf.

Last edited:
From Marketing:

• INCREASES FUEL ECONOMY BY 7.9% (verified by 3rd party testing)
  • SMOOTHS IDLE, DISSOLVES GUMS & VARNISH
  • RESTORES PERFORMANCE, POWER & FUEL MILEAGE
  • REMOVES COMBUSTION CHAMBER DEPOSITS
  • LUBRICATES & CLEANS: VALVES, PUMPS, INJECTORS, RINGS, PISTONS, & UPPER CYLINDERS
Item 1 is a big 'stretch.'

Increases Fuel economy by 7.9%. What's the baseline--coating down hill verses an uphill climb at 45 degrees?

From Marketing:

Increases Fuel economy by 7.9%. What's the baseline--coating down hill verses an uphill climb at 45 degrees?
the big secret is this company is garbage.. is all bros marketing to "bros" IMO.

not saying everything they have is bad but lucas 2.0.

if the fuel economy test was true all gas would have it in it.. Think about it.

Edit: I'm 100% agreeing with you @MolaKule

I came across this stuff on Amazon and started searching about it. It seems to get great reviews online but haven't seen much talk about it on here. Has anybody on here actually used this product?

I came across this stuff on Amazon and started searching about it. It seems to get great reviews online but haven't seen much talk about it on here. Has anybody on here actually used this product?
Several have. As the experts have opined, they have great marketing. Everything else leaves results to be desired. Hot Shots seems to be big on celebrity endorsements in order to influence your confirmation bias. Actual results that match the claims are another story…

And yes, I’ve used some of their products prior to consulting the experts here.

Several have. As the experts have opined, they have great marketing. Everything else leaves results to be desired. Hot Shots seems to be big on celebrity endorsements in order to influence your confirmation bias. Actual results that match the claims are another story…

And yes, I’ve used some of their products prior to consulting the experts here.
I've been using the Redline Sl-1 with great results and recommended it to a few people I know, and they've had great results with it as well. Just wondering how it compares to that.

I've been using the Redline Sl-1 with great results and recommended it to a few people I know, and they've had great results with it as well. Just wondering how it compares to that.
Redline actually has PEA; I think at one point it was tied or just below Techron for max PEA content. Plus, IIRC there were other lubricity additives that Techron did not have. I know SI-1 has a thin syrupy consistency, and Techron is watery consistency.

Have never seen any difference in performance or mileage when using Techron, Redline, or Gumout black/gold bottle… so either there is zero difference here, or my injectors and pistons were already clean.

Redline actually has PEA; I think at one point it was tied or just below Techron for max PEA content. Plus, IIRC there were other lubricity additives that Techron did not have. I know SI-1 has a thin syrupy consistency, and Techron is watery consistency.

Have never seen any difference in performance or mileage when using Techron, Redline, or Gumout black/gold bottle… so either there is zero difference here, or my injectors and pistons were already clean.
I noticed idle quality improvements on my grand marquis and carbureted F250 running it, it also got rid of a pinging issue in high gear high load with the truck and the grand marquis. Also recommended it to my neighbor for their 2017 dodge grand caravan that kept throwing a cylinder 3 misfire after new plugs and coils, it had a dirty injector. Didn't even take 1/2 a tank of gas and they said the idle smoothed right out and the misfire code hasn't come back at all, and the throttle response improved. I guess I'll just stick with that then. I've used the gumout black/gold bottle before, never noticed a difference whatsoever with that one.

For last two years I’ve been using Gumout multi-system tune-up in all my vehicles, snowblower, lawn tractor. Appears to be a Seafoam/Techron(PEA) hybrid. The only “it works” claim I can make is the snowblower’s bouncing idle stopped and now I leave the gas in them at end of the season with no issues. The equinox had a nagging p0411 that has magically gone away, but I can’t say for sure why.

IMG_5168.jpg

From Marketing:

• SMOOTHS IDLE, DISSOLVES GUMS & VARNISH
  • RESTORES PERFORMANCE, POWER & FUEL MILEAGE
  • REMOVES COMBUSTION CHAMBER DEPOSITS
  • LUBRICATES & CLEANS: VALVES, PUMPS, INJECTORS, RINGS, PISTONS, & UPPER CYLINDERS

I have been using this product for a few years and get a 7+% increase in fuel economy every time. That equates to about 1mpg in my Silverado HD gas. I use it at least every oil change and have started using it at every fill up. Since I can't find this locally my back up is Gumout All in One, which has PEA. FYI... to anyone looking to order direct, HotShots gives a veteran's discount. Lastly, I have no affiliation with this company. I'm just a happy customer.

I have been using this product for a few years and get a 7+% increase in fuel economy every time. That equates to about 1mpg in my Silverado HD gas. I use it at least every oil change and have started using it at every fill up. Since I can't find this locally my back up is Gumout All in One, which has PEA. FYI... to anyone looking to order direct, HotShots gives a veteran's discount. Lastly, I have no affiliation with this company. I'm just a happy customer.

7% is amazing. And here the automakers are struggling with 1-2% increases with low-viscosity oils. They should use the additive instead?

7% every time eh.........
A lot of variables at play for accurate mpg measurements.
Yet you get 7% every time......
Not sure if I'm buying it.

The hotshots.......

Honestly though.....
How would they use an aftermarket in tank additive?
For every engine produced
Or perhaps a petroleum company purchases the brand.

Imagine if ExxonMobil could advertise that their new HotShots Infused gasoline gave you a 7% increase over Shell? Who would buy Shell after that?

Back