Honda Odyssey, Best Conventional for ARX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2003 Odyssey with 64000 miles. I just ordered 2 bottles of ARX. Not because it needs it, but because I want to make sure it is clean.

Is there any conventional that has been shown to work well with Honda motors over other conventionals?

Given the amount of time/miles the oil is in there, I can't imagine it would make much difference. When I did it with my Toyota I used Valvoline for the wash and then Castrol GTX for the rinse, then switched to synthetic.

To my mind, the bigger question is why not wait to do the ARX treatment until you have 100k miles or so on it? It would seem to be more useful at that point. Why do it if you don't think it needs it yet?

Honda engines are very easy on oils so I would opt for something like GTX, Chevron, Harvoline, yellow bottle, green bottle,etc. to go with AutoRx clean phase.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Alcibiades
Given the amount of time/miles the oil is in there, I can't imagine it would make much difference. When I did it with my Toyota I used Valvoline for the wash and then Castrol GTX for the rinse, then switched to synthetic.

To my mind, the bigger question is why not wait to do the ARX treatment until you have 100k miles or so on it? It would seem to be more useful at that point. Why do it if you don't think it needs it yet?

I don't necessarily think it needs it. But, given I don't know the history of the vehicle, and that I am going to be using Amsoil 0w20, I think it is a good idea to do it now. I may do it again at 100k. I don't plan on doing any maintainance doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back