Home Brewed Tea

Question????

Did anybody here ever brew black tea with green tea?
I'm going to try a ratio of 2 to 1 with the black being the #2.

Why?
Not a fan of GT. but it has more health benefits. Figuring it may be palatable...
????????

Question????

Why?
Not a fan of GT. but it has more health benefits. Figuring it may be palatable...
????????
Here goes
The GT flavor comes through big time.
I drank it and could do so for health reasons.
Not bad but not ideal- Tea is still light so I may try a 3 to 1 ratio
Straight tea- nothing added

Here goes
The GT flavor comes through big time.
I drank it and could do so for health reasons.
Not bad but not ideal- Tea is still light so I may try a 3 to 1 ratio
Straight tea- nothing added
3 to 1 ratio works well
I can handle it- not bad at all
Green tea gives a few more health benefits

I picked up a box of Jasmine tea bags at 99 Ranch Market. It makes excellent cold brew iced tea. I'm using the same ten bags for two quarts ratio with 6-8 hours of steeping in the fridge. Jasmine tea is botanically flavored black tea.

I will, it arrives this Saturday
Made sun tea with the new Luzianne family size bags. Used 2 in a glass Gallon jar made with filtered water. Honestly it is about a 4 out 5 stars. Needs a brighter taste up front. 2 bags made tea that is a touch too strong for drinking cold without ice. So I added a touch of water and it was better balanced. It was in full sun for 4 hours on a 90f day. Tested the temp and it got up to 133. Quite warm to carry in. I am going to try a gallon of cold brew soon

Question????

Why?
????????
See my post earlier in this thread. Tetley makes teas bags that are combo black/green tea. The color and flavor are more like black tea alone with a very slight grassy note from the green tea.

Personally not a fan of cold brew coffee or tea. I like my stuff with a bit of a bitter kick and the aroma. Somehow they don't come out with cold brew. When I grew up the whole city says "boiling hot water makes beautiful tea", some even says natural gas stove can't boil water hot enough and they go back to wood fire stove for tea. Some dimsum restaurant famous for the tea quality would keep the kettle boiling at full flame so you can see the waiter pour it straight into your teapot live. They have a tea chef blending their own stuff and do extra fermentation on the black stuff, for the compost like aroma. Personally I'll just go with 175-195F, I'm not using something high end so why bother.

My favorite mass produced stuff so far is Itoen and Bigelow green. Lipton barley (not really a tea) is good enough for me as well. Personally not a fan of Lipton but they are cheap, so yeah, can't complain too much.

Favorite so far is Wuyi Mountain Big Red Cape, got it from my corrupted communist cousin who got it from some bribery gift. Good stuff.

I've been on a cold brew tea kick for a while. I use a two quart glass pitcher and brew in the fridge for 12+ hours. My current favorite is this one. It takes ten tea bags for the two quarts. I add one tablespoon of agave syrup. It gives it a slight sweetness and dissolves pretty easily in cold tea.View attachment 63663
So, does that mean it is Oolong or Iron Godness? half fermented?

To me unsweetened tea taste like water it’s basically colored water lol. I don’t see how anyone can drink it. I’ve tried it multiple times just nasty to me.
You need to buy better tea, the aroma is a major part of tea and once you stopped adding sugar and milk you realize tea actually has its own floral and fruit taste and smell. Cheap tea needs a lot of stuff to mask the quality issue.

Question????

Why?
????????
All tea comes from the same species. Red or black tea is steeped at higher temperatures than green tea or white tea. Brew separately, then blend?

Wait a minute…. I just read this thread and I need to go back to page 2 where AutoMechanic said he puts SIX spoons of sugar in his coffee on top of all the other stuff he eats and drinks. No, Boy, NO!
And Gatorade isn’t GOOD for you. When you’re doing strenuous activities you could drink one but you’re much better off with water or unsweetened tea or something. Try different teas. Maybe you’ll find one you like.
I stopped putting sugar in my coffee when I was 19 and now I couldn’t drink coffee with one crystal in it. Don’t get me wrong, I have a sweet tooth. I love a candy bar with a cup of unsweetened coffee. They compliment each other.

Wait a minute…. I just read this thread and I need to go back to page 2 where AutoMechanic said he puts SIX spoons of sugar in his coffee on top of all the other stuff he eats and drinks. No, Boy, NO!
And Gatorade isn’t GOOD for you. When you’re doing strenuous activities you could drink one but you’re much better off with water or unsweetened tea or something. Try different teas. Maybe you’ll find one you like.
I stopped putting sugar in my coffee when I was 19 and now I couldn’t drink coffee with one crystal in it. Don’t get me wrong, I have a sweet tooth. I love a candy bar with a cup of unsweetened coffee. They compliment each other.
Coffee is bitter without sugar lol. Plus the more sugar the more it wakes me up. It’s so addictive I’ve been able to cut back on my Mtn Dew consumption by a ton and I will enjoy a nice Pepsi or Root Beer or Pibb not much better I know but I’m working on easing down. Since I started work back up I went from a 36 pants size to a 32 so I’m loosing weight. I usually down 4 waters and a couple Gatorade at work per day.

Since I started work back up I went from a 36 pants size to a 32 so I’m loosing weight. I usually down 4 waters and a couple Gatorade at work per day.
If you start losing considerable weight on a high carb diet, and you are on one, you may want to see a doctor pronto for labs. A 4" loss in waist size is a lot. That the weightloss coincides with you returning to work may just be a coincidence.

Back