Home Brewed Tea

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Hot brew 12 cups using one tea bag
in a Mister Coffee type of brewer.
I only drink unsweetened tea and this brand is awesome. Aroma is amazing.
22 bags locally is $2.29....
Can be cold brewed too.
They sell hot and cold brew and sweet.

20210714_160719_HDR(1).jpg

Last edited:
Made right here in N'awlins, La.

We do sun tea or just heat a couple of cups of water in the microwave with Luzianne. I think we tried their cold brew once and it wasn’t good.

We used our local grocery store brand for a while but luzianne is better. Lipton went down hill bad. It used to be all we used.

We do sun tea or just heat a couple of cups of water in the microwave with Luzianne. I think we tried their cold brew once and it wasn’t good.

We used our local grocery store brand for a while but luzianne is better. Lipton went down hill bad. It used to be all we used.
I do heat brew the cold as well.
Got one box by mistake but its good too from the coffee maker

It's funny. I prefer the Wal-Mart Great Value tea when I get around to making tea in the summer. To me is it nowhere near as bitter as some of the name brand or 'for iced tea' tea's that you can buy locally.

Lipton is just way too bitter these days, I agree.

Hmmm...some new teas to try. Huge coffee and tea guy. Attached pic is what is my cabinet for this summer...Love oolong, white, and green teas. I do not sweeten my coffee or tea. Adiago tea's online from NJ offer great teas and a lot lower cost than Teavana.

Attachments

• Tea.jpg
    Tea.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 13
I use the gallon size bags (each bag 1 oz) usually around $10 for 48 bags. (also 48oz)

I mainly use lipton but if amazon puts them on sale I'll use luzianne

have to make sure you pick the right ones.. they have 3 liptons one is $10, one $18 and one $30.. all same thing... derp amazon.

I put it where the coffee filter goes on my Mochamaster Technivorm brewer.. fold it up a little.. since its a V filter not basket style.

44oz of water later (euro coffee cups are 4.4oz not 5oz) I pour over ice in a gallon jug add water till full and put in fridge..

While yours is 2.29 for 4.35oz of tea the gal bags work out to 10$ for 48oz of tea.

amazon carries the 6pk of your brand 24pks for 11.28

Last time I stocked up at Sam's club they had the 48pk 1 oz bags for $8~~

Last edited:
I’ve been drinking Luzianne decaf tea for decades. I buy 2 of the large 96 count family size boxes at Sams Club every few months. Wife won’t touch it but I drink a lot of iced tea.

That’s good tea Jim. Better than that nasty Lipton. I can’t ever drink homemade tea because it’s always unsweetened and it just doesn’t taste the same when you add the sugar after it’s done lol. My dad says he can’t add sugar to it while it’s brewing or after it’s done because it will leave a film in the jug lol. It has to be poured in the cup first.

That’s good tea Jim. Better than that nasty Lipton. I can’t ever drink homemade tea because it’s always unsweetened and it just doesn’t taste the same when you add the sugar after it’s done lol. My dad says he can’t add sugar to it while it’s brewing or after it’s done because it will leave a film in the jug lol. It has to be poured in the cup first.
Agreed Blake
I can't have sugar but in the old days I could but as you say it doesn't taste right
Back then I just bought gallons of ready made tea

I've been on a cold brew tea kick for a while. I use a two quart glass pitcher and brew in the fridge for 12+ hours. My current favorite is this one. It takes ten tea bags for the two quarts. I add one tablespoon of agave syrup. It gives it a slight sweetness and dissolves pretty easily in cold tea.
tet-05911.jpg

This is actually a good basic tea with no musty smell or funk. Like $2 for 100 bags. Like Rand I have that V style filter and I do run paper too and fold them as well in the holder.
20210716_095405_HDR.jpg

Luzianne does sell the sweet tea bags- might try it

Back