Rotten Home Brew Tea

You need to run coffee maker cleaner through it twice then rinse. I've found that boiling water in a kettle, using filtered water ( I have a zero water filter) then steeping the tea bags makes for better tea.
Trust me I cleaned it many times and it was spotless.
I think what I did today may be the secret. It might be getting overheated??

I've was told by a guy I worked with from Southern India that American Lipton (and most US brands) are made up from the sweepings from the floor of the curing sheds. He said he was kind of joking, kind of not, but cheap US tea brands were of inferior grade tea.
Stuff in tea bags are ground into dust for a reason. It's leftover pieces from the production of whole leaf tea, ground to uniform size.

I've was told by a guy I worked with from Southern India that American Lipton (and most US brands) are made up from the sweepings from the floor of the curing sheds. He said he was kind of joking, kind of not, but cheap US tea brands were of inferior grade tea.
You might think that's pretty bad, until you see how cigarettes are made! Those floor sweepings are mixed with a "few" other things!

Have never tried Luzianne. Didn't know they produced a tea product. We use Twinings Pure Black English Breakfast tea Extra Bold. Not bitter and smooth with no overpowering aftertaste.

Have never tried Luzianne. Didn't know they produced a tea product. We use Twinings Pure Black English Breakfast tea Extra Bold. Not bitter and smooth with no overpowering aftertaste.
Glad to see you walterjay ..
I don't like the bitter aftertaste.
It's not mild but heavy... Tannins I guess

I just tried hot water in a pitcher and hung a few tea bags in it- the color looks good and so far, no heavy aroma.
These were Luzianne again. Not smelling the heavy aroma like a coffee maker.
We shall see. @JTK PM sent.
I just have a fear of plastics... Sincerely Sorry!
Success guys...no bitterness and no aftertaste and no perfume aroma .. very nice .
I think the coffee maker is overheating it...
Plus it cools very fast too.
I just used two bags in that pitcher

Mold is just another problem with teabags. Or maybe it was the Lizzard tea. I like my tea just the way I like my women. The material used for teabags is an additional source of contamination with mold.

mycotoxins in tea

Last edited:
If you have some patience, cold brew it in the fridge overnight.
I did last night. Same pitcher as before. Filtered cold water and two family sized tea bags. Luzianne as before.
Just took a drink and it is brilliant...no effort, no foam, and no bitter taste. Very nice ..
I'm going this way from now and just going to try some other brands. Thanks..

So a guy from southern India is an expert on U.S. tea production ... Yeah , I can see that .

1. China
2. India
3. Kenya
4. Sri Lanka
5. Turkey
6. Indonesia
7. Vietnam
8. Japan
9. Iran
10. Argentina

Everybody should try an Assam and Darjeeling blend. English Breakfast Tea is a blend of at least four different types of black tea and is a good allrounder. Irish Breakfast Tea contains more Assam tea and is more malty. Black, green, and white tea come all from the same plant. The difference is when the tea is harvested and whether or not it gets fermented. Tea consumption has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol. Green tea has unoxidized catechins so it should also be considered.

Last edited:
Back