High Performance Lubricants - Your Favorite Products?

Been using the 5W30 HPL in my Tahoe , been able to extend my drain intervals with good labs to back it up

Got a summer of travel comming up to GA, KY and MN several times and this oil takes a whooping and comes back for more

1st fill change at 6.5 K and Blackstone said I had a TBN fof 5 + and I can go easy 10K in the summer heat down south with no worries
going to pull it at 7.5 K and run the lab on it after a summer of road work, KY GA, MN, WI, OH,,,, I will post the labs ,
got to get another case and try it in my wifes high milage honda

Really impressive and could technically be used in an engine calling for a 30 grade.
I've been trying the No VII 5w-30 PCMO as it seems to have a good HTHS for the viscosity (3.4 / 10.54 @100 °C). It in theory is also better than either of the 5w-20's in cold weather with a lower pour point and lower CCS and MRV. Good flashpoint too and great viscosity index for not having any VII. Would love to know the Noack though.

It doesn't have the nice euro add pack, but I think this model is the sweet spot in their line. If you can stand going a little thicker the No VII Euro 5w-30 might be the best oil they've got. It also looks to have better cold weather performance than the 5w-20's. 🤷‍♂️

No-VII-Engine-Oil-PDS

Euro 5W40 for me in my Sportwagen.

20230920_090638.jpg
karstgeo-48.jpg

Just got EC30. I always wanted something to clean rings but not be a flush, thanks to the forum I found it!
Will be using it with Amsoil SS 0w20, should be good enough ;)

View attachment 186010
This EC isn't going to miraculously clean out your rings. Just a prep product for switching to their oil which has more cleaning abilities and over time will help.

thats a bummer if true
The oil is a much more aggressive cleaner, he's correct in his statement. The idea with the EC is to get you prep'd to use the oil, because the oil is potentially going to liberate a LOT of stuff, so if you are proactive and run a "clean" with the EC first, which will get rid of some of it, then you are less likely to plug up a filter when you switch to their oil.

Back