High Performance Lubricants No VII series engine oils.

If you stack Redline 5W-40 against HPL 5W-40
What’s the major difference between the two brands ?? Lots of smart oil guys on here to explain
Thanks 👍

Not too much but I'm not sure the Redline is completely VII free in 5W-40 guise.

I can't have HPL, Redline high performance series would be very high on my short list of desireable oils. HPL will have a stronger detergent pack though

I know that OCI is very dependent on driving conditions and engine, but would it be comparable to Amsoil Signature Series that I currently am using?

I recognize moisture accumulation and short trips area a no no for longer oil change intervals.

I was thinking 1 year or 15,000 on daily drivers
and 2 years, on occasionally used cars that are garaged kept.

I know that OCI is very dependent on driving conditions and engine, but would it be comparable to Amsoil Signature Series that I currently am using?

I recognize moisture accumulation and short trips area a no no for longer oil change intervals.

I was thinking 1 year or 15,000 on daily drivers
and 2 years, on occasionally used cars that are garaged kept.
Any of their non-euro PCMO

Which variant would you all recommend for a 5.7 hemi, the PCMO "no vii" or the Euro "no vii"?

This page seems to recommend PCMO since it lists the MS-6395 spec there which is "required" for the hemi. But reading around it seems many prefer the Euro formulations for "hard working trucks" which mine sort of is in the summer (heat + towing).

I'm running PP PCMO 0w-30 right now for the winter but thinking of running Euro No VII 5w-30 year round; with a pour point of -60C I should be fine as I never see below -30C.

Which variant would you all recommend for a 5.7 hemi, the PCMO "no vii" or the Euro "no vii"?

This page seems to recommend PCMO since it lists the MS-6395 spec there which is "required" for the hemi. But reading around it seems many prefer the Euro formulations for "hard working trucks" which mine sort of is in the summer (heat + towing).

I'm running PP PCMO 0w-30 right now for the winter but thinking of running Euro No VII 5w-30 year round; with a pour point of -60C I should be fine as I never see below -30C.
I think the HPL PP PCMO 0W-30 would be fine for all year round use. That's a top quality product.

I think the HPL PP PCMO 0W-30 would be fine for all year round use. That's a top quality product.
The 0w30 has an HTHS of 3.0.
For heavy towing in heat I would use an oil with a higher one.
The 0w30 would work very well in the winter.
I have a GMC HD truck with the 6.6L gas engine.
I'm going to use their NO VII PCMO 5w30 year round. Great low flow and HTHS of 3.4.

Last edited:
It's 2.77 not 3.3.
Wrong oil:

1682132853466.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, N00b here. This HPL no VII oil thread motivated me finally stop lurking. It looks like if I really want to go overkill with a top notch oil for my new truck, this is where I need to be.

I’m considering using this oil for my first and subsequent oil changes. I have a Honda Ridgeline, which has a V6 GDI engine with VCM. I’m curious if any other Ridgeline or J35Y Honda owners are running this oil?

It seems like people are gravitating toward the Euro version. Is that because of the better HTHS numbers and better wear protection additive package? I looked at the Euro thread but couldn’t find specifics.

I’m considering changing the factory fill high moly break in oil now-ish, at ~500mi for HPL oil and change the oil & filter roughly yearly. This truck will see less than 10k mi/year and sit in a garage for the 2 hottest and 2 coldest months in my already moderate SW VA Blue Ridge Mountain climate. No heavy towing plans yet, but will see the occasional payload of gardening supplies and the like.

Hi, N00b here. This HPL no VII oil thread motivated me finally stop lurking. It looks like if I really want to go overkill with a top notch oil for my new truck, this is where I need to be.

I’m considering using this oil for my first and subsequent oil changes. I have a Honda Ridgeline, which has a V6 GDI engine with VCM. I’m curious if any other Ridgeline or J35Y Honda owners are running this oil?

It seems like people are gravitating toward the Euro version. Is that because of the better HTHS numbers and better wear protection additive package? I looked at the Euro thread but couldn’t find specifics.

I’m considering changing the factory fill high moly break in oil now-ish, at ~500mi for HPL oil and change the oil & filter roughly yearly. This truck will see less than 10k mi/year and sit in a garage for the 2 hottest and 2 coldest months in my already moderate SW VA Blue Ridge Mountain climate. No heavy towing plans yet, but will see the occasional payload of gardening supplies and the like.
I’m currently running the euro 5W-20 in our 2019 Odyssey. Only been in for 1k miles or so though so can’t say a whole lot yet but it’s been running good.

[QUOTE="I I’m currently running the euro 5W-20 in our 2019 Odyssey. Only been in for 1k miles or so though so can’t say a whole lot yet but it’s been running good.
[/QUOTE]
Excellent. Are you planning on running an extra long oil change interval?

I’m wondering if I should run super short drain intervals initially while the wear metals continue to flush out of the new engine. That would mean using a less expensive oil. Perhaps the 10w20 PCMO. I believe it was @RDY4WAR who said that viscosity also has no vii.

Or maybe just changing the filter more often initially would work and I could stick to annual oil changes on 5w20 no VII. Maybe I should get a magnetic drain plug, as @Rod Knock did in his HPL thread.

Excellent. Are you planning on running an extra long oil change interval?

I’m wondering if I should run super short drain intervals initially while the wear metals continue to flush out of the new engine. That would mean using a less expensive oil. Perhaps the 10w20 PCMO. I believe it was @RDY4WAR who said that viscosity also has no vii.

Or maybe just changing the filter more often initially would work and I could stick to annual oil changes on 5w20 no VII. Maybe I should get a magnetic drain plug, as @Rod Knock did in his HPL thread.
Planning on running it 6-7.5k and see how it goes with a UOA at that point. Should get a lot of cleaning from it. Our van has almost 50k miles on it so it will get changed at 55k roughly.

[QUOTE="I Planning on running it 6-7.5k and see how it goes with a UOA at that point. Should get a lot of cleaning from it. Our van has almost 50k miles on it so it will get changed at 55k roughly.
[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a good plan. I think I’ll pull the trigger on 5w20 Euro no vii.

I’ve seen @High Performance Lubricants mention a few times here that they have moved to a flat $25 shipping rate. Is that no longer the case? I was charged $54 for shipping to VA.
What shipping method did you use and what did you order? Was your order in more than one box?

The flat rate is per box and applies up to 12 quart cases. Beyond that, it's no longer flat. Still, 12 quarts of oil weigh about 25 lbs., so it's a good deal.

What shipping method did you use and what did you order? Was your order in more than one box?

The flat rate is per box and applies up to 12 quart cases. Beyond that, it's no longer flat. Still, 12 quarts of oil weigh about 25 lbs., so it's a good deal.
Ah, ok that makes sense. Yes, I ordered a 4 gallon case of 5w20 Euro no vii, 6 qt of 20w50 PCMO, and the CLP/firearm lube kit.

Ah, ok that makes sense. Yes, I ordered a 4 gallon case of 5w20 Euro no vii, 6 qt of 20w50 PCMO, and the CLP/firearm lube kit.
The shipping deal did work for the 4 x 1 gallon cases for a while. I suspect FedEx upped their rates and those had to be excluded.

The shipping deal did work for the 4 x 1 gallon cases for a while. I suspect FedEx upped their rates and those had to be excluded.
I remembered why I didn’t think flat rate applies.

When I ship the case to my VA home, price is $27.

When I ship the same case to CA, price is $52.

IMG_0524.jpegIMG_0525.jpeg

You can also try to see what shipping costs if you place the orders separately.

I remembered why I didn’t think flat rate applies.

When I ship the case to my VA home, price is $27.

When I ship the same case to CA, price is $52.

View attachment 153638View attachment 153639
It's calculated by distance from Manteno, IL.

Back