High Performance Lubricants No VII series engine oils.

Only if she finds out about it…
for-an-additional-4-95-we-will-provide-a-receipt-that-29731968.png

GOOOOOD One. Uh HUH. That squeeky clean engine bay again! I love. Looks show room quality. Hmmmm :devilish:Maybe you better blur out your liscense plates in your photos like we used to do when selling classics on internet! Just think of the temptations....that white fun-mobile + the sticker and the HPL already in place , inside and out! A winner all around I thinks. :love:

I'm going to run this next in my honda 1.5t next time around, but having a hard hard time deciding between 5w20 or 30. also I 95% short-trip yearly with maybe once every 2-3 weeks a good hwy run(30 miles or more) so now the million dollar question do i really extend the oci to greater than 6mos/5k even with this notorious oil abusing engine???

I'm going to run this next in my honda 1.5t next time around, but having a hard hard time deciding between 5w20 or 30. also I 95% short-trip yearly with maybe once every 2-3 weeks a good hwy run(30 miles or more) so now the million dollar question do i really extend the oci to greater than 6mos/5k even with this notorious oil abusing engine???
I will say that my friend's 17 CRV with the 1.5T has almost 110K miles. Oil only gets changed per the Maintenance Minder, which is every 10-11K. Every oil change has been done with 0W20. No issues, but it is usually about 1 qt low when it is due.

I will say that my friend's 17 CRV with the 1.5T has almost 110K miles. Oil only gets changed per the Maintenance Minder, which is every 10-11K. Every oil change has been done with 0W20. No issues, but it is usually about 1 qt low when it is due.
Some would call that an issue. It would bother me and I'd be looking to find the reason for the consumption. But that's based on the Camry engine, maybe it's more the norm for the Honda engine, it being newer and of a different design.

Some would call that an issue. It would bother me and I'd be looking to find the reason for the consumption. But that's based on the Camry engine, maybe it's more the norm for the Honda engine, it being newer and of a different design.
11K of highway driving with a 20-wt oil that is probably in the 5-6cst range with the fuel dilution issues.

1 qt of consumption seems more than reasonable.

I tried! Asked my friend if I bought oil for him would he use it. He said No. He doesn't want to change from RP. I'm assuming he is using the API licensed High Performance blend. He did ask what I was gonna get him and I told him. Didn't get a response. :-( I know he loves his WRX and I get people who get attached to a brand but I wanted to get him something I think he would have had no complaints about and maybe would have even liked. But he is a friend and I respect that he doesn't want to change. I wanted to get it for him as a bday gift.
He should at least move up to the HMX or HPS line as the Dexos line is junk and overpriced. I can completely understand why you were trying to save his car and soul. Worry not as there will be others to save and make Witnesses out of.

I would consider a UOA. It's a great stout motor oil..

Used to use Castrol Pro religiously but then when they stopped being factory fill for VW/Audi all of a sudden finding the same retail bottling in OEM spec I had been using turned impossible, it was like they just turned off the spigot. I'm sure it was some supply chain boogaloo mixed with legal garbage but put a bad taste in my mouth. Switched to MOTUL for a bit, didn't see anything bad but nothing spectacular either from OA on the Golf R with mixed street/HPDE so went to AMSOIL just recently, will be sending the first OA out this weekend.

Reading this whole thread the no-VII stuff sounds like magic juice and was thinking about trying it in the Touareg as it is so special and I want it to last forever. Currently at 99k miles, about 10k a year with at least 60% being towing miles for track days. My question is the regular HPL Euro shows it has the 507 standard but the no-VIIs do not show this? I still have 18 months on my TDI warranty and don't plan to give them any out to covering any issues so is that an oversight on the webpage, something legal that's coming or is there some reason it doesn't meet that spec? I can't imagine why other than legal stuff but wanted to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to baseline my car to the Supercar 0W-30.. However, in light of this thread and the No VII in that we are not only entering the hot weather season but also that the 5W rating is perfectly fine for just about all of the lower 48 states, I am going to baseline it to the No VII 5W-30.

I am on the order screen for it now.

Thanks to @High Performance Lubricants for making this excellent oil. This way, we can see the results of it from "The end of March" until then.

Code BITOG15 still works on checkout.

What’s the price increase for 5 gallons (or even 6 since that would fill 2 cases) to see if you can get the shipping cost under $20/gal, since I paid $24/6qts here in the states.
You know what, I didn't even think of doing that... You are right, the shipping price isn't linear... It appears successive items added is less expensive... I'd have to order 12 Gallon Jugs to make it less expensive than my Amsoil now.

Which if there is a Benefit then fine I'll stock it, but it's a barrier to entry for me because it's way too high cost to try the first oil change and do a UOA.

Thanks Bud for the suggestion though.

Back