Hi. My name is Brian and I am a motor oil hoarding addict.

I bet I have 5 to 8 years of oil. Prefer to have 5 or ten jugs around if prices go up suddenly.
The only hording thing i have done was buy an extra 48 quarts of 15 w 50 mobil one. I also have maybe 6 of the five quart jugs of it. I went to buy a couple extra jugs and it was very very difficult to find. That triggered me to over purchase it.
I bought a used toyota truck which needs 5 w 30 and I purchased about ten jugs to have that oil on hand.
I used to have two fords. Now only one. But i bet i have 50 to 100 quarts of 5 w 20 mobil one. So frequent changes with that oil are fine. Not interested in any more 5 w 20 for a very long time.

I've never found the need to have more than 2 or 3 qt's of oil on hand. There are several auto parts stores within a mile of my house, so tying up cash on something I can just run out and get at a moments notice, doesn't seem worth it to me. But I can see where if I lived miles and miles from the nearest store, having a few gallons on hand would be handy..,,,

I have 130 quarts in storage.
That's it?

I've got close to that just in in 50 weight.
No need to hoard oil. BITOG members know where all the good deals are at.
And we buy cheap and buy a lot. I'm glad I do/did. Haven't seen a decent deal since the CQ clearance and then WM glitch. All my friends and family know that if they just bring me a filter I've got them covered.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I own/operate a driving school, and self-own all the vehicles, doing the oil changes myself. Add into that equation, my 5 personal vehicles and boat, and I am not EVEN going to disclose my oil stash for fear of men showing up in black jackets on my front porch :ROFLMAO: I have to admit, my oil filter stash is becoming pretty prevalent too.

Since Im changing several of my student drivers cars oil 1x month, I autosubscribe to Edge & Magnatec on Amazon. I get 4 jugs Each per month, and pick up whatever oil is on sale at NAPA, Meijer, etc.

In my stash now: 12 jugs x 5 quart per jug = 60 quarts. Each of our four vehicles needs roughly two changes per year, which requires about 40 quarts. All 5w-30 -- 30 quarts of blend and 30 of synthetic. Stocked up last year expecting big price increases and supply shortage.

My wife said that I have an oil hoarding problem and that I need help. Confession is apparently the first step of the recovery process.

I have 130 quarts in storage. Between our two cars, we typically use about 25 quarts a year. That would mean I only have a 5 year stash, which I feel is not enough.

Any others out there that wish to join me in this "Motor Oil Hoarders Anonymous" meeting? :)
Dr House can treat you for your condition.

Haven't seen a decent deal since the CQ clearance and then WM glitch. All my friends and family know that if they just bring me a filter I've got them covered.
Your right no Autozone deals like were use to . But Walmart usually has pretty good prices on Havoline and Chevron. Napa brand is $12.99
Rural king has mobil 5000 for $14.99

Doesn't seem too extreme to me. I don't keep a huge stash around. Usually 2 to 3 oil changes worth for each car then a few other quarts for the mower and snowblower. Once I finish off using the last couple of single quarts I've been using in the OPE, I'll probably just start using leftover partial jugs of 5w30 from the cars in that equipment.

I understand.
IMG_8834.jpg
IMG_8835.jpg

Back