Help me pick a good "date car" to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Chicks love subarus! Sometimes you'll see two in one at a time with no guys!

thumbsup2.gif
That joke never gets old!

Originally Posted By: aa1986
Prius all the way.

crackmeup2.gif

I just had a female acquaintance call me gay for buying a new Prius. Well.. screw her. I have three other cars.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: aa1986
Prius all the way.

crackmeup2.gif

I just had a female acquaintance call me gay for buying a new Prius. Well.. screw her. I have three other cars.

Sorry dude. But.....well....a Prius, is not exactly manly.

I would also like to add avoid a C4 Corvette. No only do chicks (my wife) not like them it could cause you to almost be single. She hated the short love affair I had with that car. It was all good till Kiley came along. She was a evil kinky well she was fun. Not like my wife.

The best quality women I ever dated was back when I drove my old white Saturn SL with 5speed. I don't have near as much good experience with my Mazda...now all I find is sour grapes. Then again I'm not in college anymore and women get all career oriented and/or go for the rich men....ahh college days were good.

May the force be with you.

About 15 years ago when I was newly single I had a 1974 C-10 and lived in the trailer park. You talk about running off women! I've been lucky and have come a long way since then.

It's rather sad that someone would feel so insecure that they think they need to have a specific type of vehicle to attract a female. The type of female that would be attracted by a vehicle is not likely the type you'd want to attract anyway.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
It's rather sad that someone would feel so insecure that they think they need to have a specific type of vehicle to attract a female. The type of female that would be attracted by a vehicle is not likely the type you'd want to attract anyway.

I agree with you, but it was the combination of the C-10 and the trailer that didn't help me any. However, my current wife didn't care about that. Looking back she is a far better quality woman than the others that looked down on me.

The type of female that would be attracted by a vehicle is not likely the type you'd want to attract anyway.

Well.... that would totally depend on what you want to do with her.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx

Actually I'd say show up in a beater. If she goes on a second date with you, then she's a keeper.

I kind of agree here. You don't want pretentious, or overly image conscious. But the beater can't be so bad that she would be embarrassed for you to drive it to her families gathering.
It also depends on age. A college or post college age, beaters make sense, If you are 50 and drive a beater on a date, that's a different message.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx

Actually I'd say show up in a beater. If she goes on a second date with you, then she's a keeper.

I kind of agree here. You don't want pretentious, or overly image conscious. But the beater can't be so bad that she would be embarrassed for you to drive it to her families gathering.
It also depends on age. A college or post college age, beaters make sense, If you are 50 and drive a beater on a date, that's a different message.

I agree! Most of what I'm posting is supposed to be funny.

Last edited:
The sad reality is,most (not all) women are pretentious and narcissistic by nature,and will use that as a way to judge a potential male as a way of wondering if he can provide/take care of her. If a guy looks homeless or is a slob,they'll turn their nose up and look for a more suitable mate.

A chick will turn a guy down if he drives a pos way before a guy will turn a chick down if she drives a pos.

It depends on the girl. My fiancee has a 2003 Ford Superduty diesel 4 door 4x4 with a 4" lift and a 2007 Mustang GT. She used to daily drive one of my 92 Cavaliers and now has a 94 cavalier as her DD. She is a country girl and really could care less what I drive and I like it that way.

Wayne

My outdoor gear (climbing, surfing, snowboarding, scuba, camping, etc) is worth more than each of my vehicles.

That matters much more and helped me find The One for what matters - having fun on the weekends and not what car you drive to work in.

Previous body style Acura TL or a Pontiac G8 6.0L. Both are sharp IMO and do not attract a lot of attention.

I'm pretty sure the OP would be able to spot a girl who is only into his car (money).. nothing wrong with driving something nice. Nothing wrong with the Subaru either though.

Okay, so whoever suggested showing up on the Ducati... may happen, sort of. I'm talking to a pretty lady met on popular online dating site who lives near the town where I get my bike serviced. Well, the Duc needs tires again and there's a mild weather window forecast for Saturday so I'm heading to get it done. Suggested we meet for lunch at a cafe whilst my bike's being worked on. Dealership within couple few blocks walking distance downtown of cafes and etc, so be showing up in boots as opposed to a car, ha.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Okay, so whoever suggested showing up on the Ducati... may happen, sort of. I'm talking to a pretty lady met on popular online dating site who lives near the town where I get my bike serviced. Well, the Duc needs tires again and there's a mild weather window forecast for Saturday so I'm heading to get it done. Suggested we meet for lunch at a cafe whilst my bike's being worked on. Dealership within couple few blocks walking distance downtown of cafes and etc, so be showing up in boots as opposed to a car, ha.

Perfect...

Good luck.
grin.gif

I would be more concerned about detracting females especially at his listed age. Certain vehicles have that knack in age, form, or condition. My wife is extremely detracted from folks who drive oversize pickups for no apparent reason. She also despises convertibles as she hates wind on her hair and said she simply was turned off on a date with a guy because of his car(BMW convertible) and insistence on top down.

Women are not some monolith. They are people, and people like different things.

There are a FEW trends. Most people don't appreciate an uncomfortable, dirty vehicle that looks and feels like it'll break down at any time. So, ideally, you want something comfy, clean, and solid-feeling.

Beyond that, there's no accounting for taste. You simply never know what'll be liked or disliked by someone you've never met.

What you can know is that being real almost always wins you points. Drive something that fits YOU.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

There are a FEW trends. Most people don't appreciate an uncomfortable, dirty vehicle that looks and feels like it'll break down at any time. So, ideally, you want something comfy, clean, and solid-feeling.

If you can't keep your clean or free of dents/damage, missing hubcaps etc what are you going to be like with people. There is a significant amount of impression from vehicles when you have little else to go on. I don't think majority of any woman would fault anyone for driving say a Honda Accord/Ford whatever/Camry etc that was clean/dent free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back