Has Mobil 1 ESP (5w30) priced themselves out of the market?

Hi everyone,
I have used Mobil 1 5w30 ESP in the past with seemingly good results. I haven't purchased it in about a year, so needless to say I was shocked beyond belief when I went to buy some! At my local stores the best I could find it for was $15.00 per quart. At that price point, there are other oils that are comparable and perhaps even better. I get the inflation thing, but really $15.00 per quart!
Am I correct in thinking that Mobil has gone crazy with their pricing?

Where you looking? $7.40/qt.

Capture+_2023-06-08-19-37-17.png

Is ESP 5W30 better in regards to TBN/ longer intervals compared to PP Euro L 5W30? Just did an oil change on my truck today with PP Euro L and was reading that it has a low tbn.

Espx3 0w40 5qt 37.99 at AZ with an STP xl filter. Returning the filter brings it down another 7 or so, plus there is a rebate for $6.

Espx3 0w40 5qt 37.99 at AZ with an STP xl filter. Returning the filter brings it down another 7 or so, plus there is a rebate for $6.

Espx3 0w40 doesn't come in 5 qt jugs but the 0w30 does. I also do the az deal and return the $15 dollar filter.

AutoZone does a regular promo for around $40 (5 qts,) including an STP long life filter (normally $14). This includes ESP and the full line of M1 full synthetic oils as well as other brands. Been sourcing from them since M1 ESP was the specified oil on the Merc.

As an aside, anyone know of any issues with STP long-life cartridge filters? So far seems fine on both the Merc and BMW. I think the OEM is Mann-Hummel for both.

Hi everyone,
I have used Mobil 1 5w30 ESP in the past with seemingly good results. I haven't purchased it in about a year, so needless to say I was shocked beyond belief when I went to buy some! At my local stores the best I could find it for was $15.00 per quart. At that price point, there are other oils that are comparable and perhaps even better. I get the inflation thing, but really $15.00 per quart!
Am I correct in thinking that Mobil has gone crazy with their pricing?
A few dollars more to make my 2nd largest investment last for 200,000 to 400,000 miles is still the best insurance on the planet to save me from having to spend $50K to $90K on a new vehicle. My '06 Town Car has served me well for the last 14 years, and it still has 250,000 miles left in it~!

Here's my "expert" opinion. My Lincoln Town Car has 244,000 miles on it now and has only had 5W-20 Cam-2 100% Synthetic since I bought it with 45,000 miles on the odometer. I change oil and filter every 10,000 miles and it has never used any oil between changes. I also use a pint of Kreen in the fuel every 5,000 miles to keep the injectors clean.
I'm 82 years old and always change my own oil and filter.

They have with me. My price point is $22.97! Quaker State!
Here's my "expert" opinion. My Lincoln Town Car has 244,000 miles on it now and has only had 5W-20 Cam-2 100% Synthetic since I bought it with 45,000 miles on the odometer. I change oil and filter every 10,000 miles and it has never used any oil between changes. I also use a pint of Kreen in the fuel every 5,000 miles to keep the injectors clean.
I'm 82 years old and always change my own oil and filter.
Well you got a couple on me I'm only 79.

Back