Has Anyone Become Brand Loyal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually used to laugh at and make fun of people that would only use one product or another because of the brand name on the label.

Then I came to BiTOG...

Here I was turned on to an oil that I would have never considered before: Pennzoil LL 15w-40.

Trusted you guys on here,gave it a shot, and was extremely pleased with its performance.

Later on down the line I wanted to try a high-mileage oil and again went the Pennzoil route, choosing HM 10w-40 for two Chevy gas engines that were previously using LL 15w-40.

So far, I've again been extremely impressed with the Pennzoil products performance.

Now it seems like I'm stuck on Pennzoil! Others look better on paper (and make me want to try them!), but Pennz is offering up a good base oil and just as equal additive package for low cost...most importantly, IT WORKS (at least for me in regards to their LL and HM product)!

[ November 12, 2004, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Jelly ]

I've become continent loyal for cars.

For oil I still go back and forth and use different thigns in different cars. Lately I've been using a lot of Mobil products (Delvac 1300 and Mobil 1) simply because it's always in stock at walmart and a quality lubricant. Rotella T (dino and syn) and Chevron Delo are out around here quite frequently.

I might become quite loyal to SuperTech w/ lube control, though.

I think this place has done the exact opposite for me. During the `80s when Castol's marketing campaign was in full swing, I became a believer and used Castrol exclusively(...with no known adverse effects). Later, I jumped on the Vavoline bandwagon. At the time, Durablend and Maxlife just seemed like too good of a product to resist.
Then I came here....
Now, my vehicles see a steady regiment of Chevron Supreme(Volvo) and Rotella synth.(VW). My motives for these selections are based on quality for the $$. Decisions become much easier when you throw some education into the mix.

Because of the good luck I've had with GC 0w30, I've become somewhat loyal to Castrol now, such that if GC did disappear completely I would consider trying Castrol Syntec 5w40 as a replacement. Although I'd love to try Castrol's 0w40 Formula R as well!

As long as they keep making the 0w30 Syntec to the same specs though (and it still shows me great engine wear numbers), no matter whether it's made in Germany or in North America, I'll continue using it. For me I don't care if it's made by elves or smells like candy or is green in color, for me it's all about the performance. I love the way my engines consume no oil and run very smooth (with no piston slap).

Yes, I used to be a loyal "die-hard" Mobil 1 user... But just switched to German Syntec (Castrol) last month for this Canadian winter.
wink.gif

I am a committed Valvoline user for over 5 years, but have never run the basic All Climate. (There is Citgo in my crankcase right now, but that was 50-cent-a-quart stuff for the Auto Rx.)

I'm brand loyal to Supertech filters. All it took was convincing me they weren't Frams when they replaced STPs a few years ago. Hope Champion labs and Walmart remain best buddies.
smile.gif

amsoil and supertech filtes for the cars I care about.

mobil products (usually drive clean) for the cars I don't care as much about.

M1 for 4 wheeled vehicles. I have seen no credible evidence that any oil is -signifigantly- better for street driven cars at any price. Potentially equal oils aren't enough less expensive to interest me. I expect M1 to remain a high quality oil indefinitely. I'm not so sure what is going to happen to GC as it gets more popular.

No brand loyaly for filters, just any highly rated, quality constructed filters such as Wix/Napa and Fleetguard with synthetic media.

Honda/Acura and Toyota for new cars. I wouldn't rule out other brands if something lit my candle. Most brands are more than good enough these days.

Present stable is a GMC I bought because I felt sorry for American manufaturers, A Corvette just because, and my Wife's Acura.

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
M1 for 4 wheeled vehicles.

Yeah, if I was paying (currently changing oil on two "family" cars) and had a vehicle to use it in, I'd run M1.

The two I previously mentioned are older models with lots of hard miles and just aren't ideal candidates for M1.

Pennzoil HM 10w-40 costs $9.15 for the five quarts I need per vehicle...not bad at all!

Life long Valvoline user here... Until this last Monday..
frown.gif
Changed out to Mobil 1 5/30. I want to see how close I can get to the 7500 "normal" driving maint schedual I can get. If UOA's don't show that I can get to 6k to 7500 miles then i'm going to back to All Climate. Just trying this out 'cause im bored since I sold my 4x4 Rock Cralwer project.

For oil, I lean towards Mobil 1. But will/do use other brands depending on the need/situation.

For Cars, Toyota.

Mobil 1 and Purolator oil filters. Back when I was younger, I just did what my Dad did; Pennzoil and Fram (Yikes!). Several years ago I decided that Mobil 1 was better and that for the money, you can't beat Purolator filters.

I am loyal to my wallet. When times are good only the best will do money be darned! We times are lean it is Mobil 1(good enough). I will say that I am partial to Mobil not because of brand loyality but because I like how they treat their customer. They continue to offer a true synthetic at prices lower then their competitors GIII fake synthetic prices! I think they make a great product just not the best!

I have had Dlevac 1300, Delo 400, Rotell-T, Chevron Supreme, M1 10W30, and now M1R in my Toytoa since I have owned it. My wifes car now has Motorcraft brand oil in it. So I am not at all brand loyal! I do have a brand prefrence though!

P.S. Before Penzoil took out the moly I used a lot of LL in garden and tractor equipment and in older vechiles.

quote:

They continue to offer a true synthetic at prices lower then their competitors GIII fake synthetic prices! I think they make a great product just not the best!

Thats exactly right. Agree 100%.

I use mobil 1 in the honda cars, amsoil in the f12x, and redline in my gearbox. Main thing is though, I am loyal to using true synthetics!!!!!

I have been brand loyal to Valvoline for the last 32 years or so UNTIL I stumbled onto this site.I have now settled on Havoline/Chevron because of what I've learned here.Besides Havoline is a sponsor for my 2 favorite Winston Cup drivers, Sterling Marlin and Jamie Mcmurray.

I have zero brand loyalty. I will only use products that are proven to perform. If these products slip up, I’m on to something else. If the product that slips up then improves, I’ll reconsider. That said, some products consistently perform well over the years. For example, Amsoil, Schaeffer’s, Mobil 1, Chevron, Wix, and others I can’t think of at the moment. I am the least skeptical of these brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back