Had to try the G-Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will use it to mix with high mileage conventional oil to clean my engine. It is similar to auto-rx.

The idea is to using g-oil to increase the fluid pressure so that the clean agent in high mileage oil works better.

I'm about 3K into the interval. I'll try to do a UOA at 5K. My car is a Jeep Cherokee with a 4.0L.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
And I just thought of something:

I don't see how you can mix oils if you're using this G-oil. How are you gonna mix a petroleum based oil with an animal fat based oil? What would happen if somebody accidentally added a quart of Pennzoil to their G-oil? Are they gonna mix?
Good question.....any other speculation on this?
smile.gif
I'd be curious....surely, I'd think they would HAVE to be "mixable" - isn't that one of the "specs" per API? Or so I'd think anyways..lol. Not being able to "mix" sounds a tad dangerous
wink.gif

I emailed Goil about 2 months ago with a list of questions, and one of them was about mix ability. There response was that it is perfectly mixable with any other api oil.

Originally Posted By: stojakovic
I will use it to mix with high mileage conventional oil to clean my engine. It is similar to auto-rx.

The idea is to using g-oil to increase the fluid pressure so that the clean agent in high mileage oil works better.

Can you please explain what you mean?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'd try this oil, but they don't sell it in Canada....confirmed with an e-mail to them.

Oh well!

I switched to Nextgen oil myself to be a little "greener".

Personally, if this oil wasn't free, I would have never tried it for the $26 price tag.

I try to be green when it isn't a significant higher cost to me.

I deal with illiterate people on a daily basis....lol. I'll take a stab at translating

Sounds like he's looking at mixing the G-Oil, being an ester-based oil, similar to that of AutoRX, with his "High Mileage" oil, to help condition the seals. And hopes that the "mix" of G-Oil and "HM" oil will increase the fluid pressure so his high mileage oil can "work" better.....though, can't tell what he refers to by "working better" - but perhaps he thinks the G-Oil and HM oil mix will let the oil condition the seals better? I don't know.....lol. I've never been a fan of "mixing" oils....until I found I was 1/2 quart low, and used a quart of Mobil 1 5W-20 to top off my crankcase that had Pennzoil bulk, yellow bottle equivalent 5W-30 as the current fill
wink.gif

No harm that I noticed....the car actually sounded quieter....and the oil darkened a little quicker....likely thanks to the synthetic Mobil 1.

Well, I am not good at English, sorry for letting you guys confused at what I was telling.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

Can you please explain what you mean?

High mileage oil (dino) normally has clean agent in it. G-oil has better (probably, it is group V) endurance on temperature and pressure. Mixing g-oil and high mileage oil seems improve the performance of clean agent, by tolerating higher temperature while maintaining higher fluid pressure.

This is similar to auto-rx. The big difference is the clean agent.

Last edited:
What do you do with used G Oil? Throw it in a landfill or an incinerator? Is that better than recycling a synthetic oil? I mean, it's not oil in the first place, so that's "green" I guess, but on a net basis is it really greener to throw out G Oil than to recycle Mobil 1? Cows are not that green, at least not the way we grow them. They are renewable, however. What about all the schmutz in the used oil (combustion byproducts)? Are they safe to put in a landfill? How do I put it the garbage? I'd need a degradable container, since the oil won't degrade unless exposed to the environment. That rules out the plastic container it came in and any other container I can think of.

GET doesn't seem to address these questions at all on their site. "Green" is good when it's real and based on a full life cycle analysis, but the traditional model of produce, use and throw away is the root of the problem and this product seems to use that model. A long OCI synthetic that is recycled may be just as green. Dunno. Thoughts?

Last edited:
i think its garbage so dont feel bad putting it where it belongs.
might as well use old fry grease to lubricate your engine

Originally Posted By: CTownIntegra
Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'd try this oil, but they don't sell it in Canada....confirmed with an e-mail to them.

Oh well!

I switched to Nextgen oil myself to be a little "greener".

Personally, if this oil wasn't free, I would have never tried it for the $26 price tag.

I try to be green when it isn't a significant higher cost to me.

whats green about it? they have always recycled used motor oil. what do you think roads are made out of. it just means more crude will go to making asphalt and tar. which is a bad thing. if you dont believe me next time you see a tanker behind a jiffy lube go ask him what he plans on doing with the oil hes pumping out of the pit

Originally Posted By: electrolover
i think its garbage

For what reason? What are your supporting facts for that statement? The API-certification and UOA that is posted says otherwise.

Originally Posted By: barlowc
Originally Posted By: electrolover
i think its garbage

For what reason? What are your supporting facts for that statement? The API-certification and UOA that is posted says otherwise.

if you want to run your engine on corn oil and animal fat go for it. what i think is my opinion and i have a right to it. its completely different than any grp II or III so how can you judge it with conventional testing? let me see what the engines that use it look like after tear down and then i might change my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back