Got the Hi-Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wanted the Hi-Power, I got stuck on 1911 & CZ 75 instead. I should get one before I die, he who dies with the most toys wins...isn't that how it goes ?
smile.gif

Have fun with your HP !

Originally Posted By: FastGame
I always wanted the Hi-Power, I got stuck on 1911 & CZ 75 instead. I should get one before I die, he who dies with the most toys wins...isn't that how it goes ?
smile.gif

Have fun with your HP !

Man, I absolutely love the CZ. I considered a CZ-75B instead of the Hi-Power. The design of the CZ, like that of so many other pistols, was influenced profoundly by the Hi-Power, and it has a number of improvements over the Hi-Power, and some features that are just flat-out superior...chief among them the slide design. I really like that internal slide.

The CZ is almost like a "Hi-Power Improved." I really look forward to owning one some day. As I say, I'm considering the CZ-75 Compact (all-steel model) as my next autopistol.

A Browning Hi Power is a classic, like a '32 Ford...timeless design.

But kids who have been raised on action movies and pop culture tend to gravitate towards what's "cool" generally don't appreciate anything classic....either on wheels or on the range....

Originally Posted By: Astro14

But kids who have been raised on action movies and pop culture tend to gravitate towards what's "cool" generally don't appreciate anything classic....either on wheels or on the range....

True...though the 1911 is more popular than ever. Even the younger guys who tend to gravitate towards Glocks and XDs and the like are starting to notice them.

Guess the Hi-Power just never developed the popularity here in the States that the 1911 did.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer

True...though the 1911 is more popular than ever. Even the younger guys who tend to gravitate towards Glocks and XDs and the like are starting to notice them.

Guess the Hi-Power just never developed the popularity here in the States that the 1911 did.

Well the modern 1911 is much different than the 1911 of the old days. Personally I would rather tote a hi power around. I loathe grip safeties and the limited capacity does not justify it. If I lived in a state with capacity limits, then I would look harder at a 1911. But I would have the grip safety pinned.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: john_pifer

Well the modern 1911 is much different than the 1911 of the old days. Personally I would rather tote a hi power around. I loathe grip safeties and the limited capacity does not justify it. If I lived in a state with capacity limits, then I would look harder at a 1911. But I would have the grip safety pinned.
I have a 1911 built after WWI and its not a whole lot different than my 2009 Dan Wesson actually, and I can shoot the 1911 way better that a Glock and XD for some reason.

Grip safeties are different, ejection ports are lowered and beveled, safety is different, and sights on most of the "defense" guns are different. Many also have a full length guide rod.

The 1911 that troops carried in the World Wars versus a new Dan Wesson is a lot like my father's 1932 Ford coupe hot rod. Still looks the same, but it has been heavily modified for increased performance in several areas despite it's relatively stock body.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Grip safeties are different, ejection ports are lowered and beveled, safety is different, and sights on most of the "defense" guns are different. Many also have a full length guide rod.

The 1911 that troops carried in the World Wars versus a new Dan Wesson is a lot like my father's 1932 Ford coupe hot rod. Still looks the same, but it has been heavily modified for increased performance in several areas despite it's relatively stock body.

Good analogy. I was struggling to think of a similar analogy when referring to the difference between a Hi-Power and a CZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back