Goodyear Brake Pads, Rotors, Calipers

Goodyear says the full product line includes:

• Goodyear Brakes premium brake pads manufactured in the U.S. and specifically formulated to provide maximum stopping effectiveness, control and durability.
  • Goodyear Brakes rotors that are CNC-machined to build performance, durability and safety into every rotor and feature a proprietary Antiox Max coating for rust and corrosion protection.
  • Goodyear Brakes calipers that are built using exacting standards to match original equipment manufacturer (OEM) requirements, feature Antiox Max coating and come with the correct brackets and hardware to ensure a perfect installation. Goodyear Brakes calipers are remanufactured in North America, and a majority of that manufacturing process has returned to the U.S.
  • Goodyear Brakes hardware accompanies every brake bundle.

“Goodyear Brakes provides all of the information and advice you need to plan your project, order your braking components and install your brakes at GoodyearBrakes.com. Whether you’re an accomplished mechanic or a do-it-yourselfer, you can now tackle your brake replacement with confidence backed by one of the most trusted automotive brands.”

The brake pads are manufactured in the U.S. using a proprietary green production process by a company with more than 50 years of experience in friction science, Goodyear says.

The line, which includes brake pads, calipers, rotors and brake bundles, is available at www.GoodyearBrakes.com. The company plans to open a Goodyear Brakes storefront on Amazon.com, and will sell the products on CarID. The GoodyearBrakes.com site features how-to videos to guide inexperienced installers through the process.

I won’t be buying them. I would have to look at them first I never order brake parts that I don’t know the quality on. Never heard of FDP Virginia and I’m in Virginia.

Brake parts made in the USA? What a novel idea.
The Japanese friction suppliers have been making OE and service pads and shoes in the US for a while. Akebono is all made in Kentucky and a set of OE Toyota shoes were made by NBK in the US. DRIV(Wagner) does have a plant in Tennessee.

Canada was the predominant supplier of friction to the aftermarket but no more. It’s China, India and Mexico now.

FDP

Since 1969 FDP has been developing the industry’s safest, highest performing products - more than 500 million pads and counting, all of them designed and tested in the USA

Today, FDP Friction Science is a global supplier of disc pads and brake shoes with nearly 400 employees, some of whom started in our Trenton facility more than 40 years ago. Our clients include OEMs, retailers, warehouse distributors, exporters and other brake manufacturers.

From our R&D facility in Morrisville, Pennsylvania to our manufacturing line in Virginia, FDP remains passionate about developing the industry’s most innovative, highest performance brake pads and shoes.

Last edited:
The Japanese friction suppliers have been making OE and service pads and shoes in the US for a while. Akebono is all made in Kentucky and a set of OE Toyota shoes were made by NBK in the US. DRIV(Wagner) does have a plant in Tennessee.

Canada was the predominant supplier of friction to the aftermarket but no more. It’s China, India and Mexico now.

What about rotors? I hear about cast in China and final machining in the USA.

What about rotors? I hear about cast in China and final machining in the USA.
I know Advics(Aisin) ones are all cast and machined in the US.

Wagner used to cast and machine in the US a long time ago, and I remember getting a pair of American-made Raybestos rotors a while ago.

What ??? :oops: You mean the name on the box doesn't mean they actually made them ???

Here's a company that's making automotive parts in the US and they still get criticized.... 😞

I agree that it's nice to make parts in the US :)

I was just surprised that private labels were that much of the market. That's all.
Hearing that the name brands are less than 10% is a shock to me! Akebono, Raybestos, Bosch, Monroe, Wagner, Bendix, and other name brands don't even account for 10% of brake pads sold was news to me.

People want cheap. Chains don’t want competition. That’s why AZ/O’Reilly/AA(Carquest) push their house brands. But, Duralast/BrakeBest/Wearever is the same Chinese/Indian friction made by MAT Roulunds who has the rights to the Bendix name in North America.

Hearing that the name brands are less than 10% is a shock to me! Akebono, Raybestos, Bosch, Monroe, Wagner, Bendix, and other name brands don't even account for 10% of brake pads sold was news to me.
The numbers (90% vs 10%) just don't make sense until I think of it this way: Private label means one company makes them and puts someone else's name on them. Could that mean that Wagner makes pads for Raybestos, Raybestos makes pads for Bosch, and so on ? Also think about it - each brake brand makes thousands of varieties for all the different models, years, and so on ? That doesn't make sense from a logistics standpoint, that's for sure !

FDP also make AutoZone's Duralast, apparently.

I know Advics(Aisin) ones are all cast and machined in the US.

Wagner used to cast and machine in the US a long time ago, and I remember getting a pair of American-made Raybestos rotors a while ago.

Brembo (80,000 tons a year) and Fritz Warner (60,000 tons a year) recently started casting in the USA, Waupaca Foundry (Hitachi) has been doing so for decades it looks like.

Brembo is known for their high end products, but they are also a major supplier of OE and after market discs and drums for everything.

Back