Going To The Dark Side

I wake up when I'm not tired. I check the weather when I look out the window. I turn on the TV and get the news and financial report, while I have coffee and pet the dog.

My blood sugar is whatever it is. Just like the traffic when I go to the store. My wife makes "lists". I buy what I like when I see it. Which is why she never sends me.

But I am typing this on my phone because I just shut down my desktop. And it's a PITA to do it.
What kind of phone do you have ?

It seems like iPhones receive updates for much longer than Android devices.
They definitely do but it's also a whole lot easier because of Apple's early-on decisions, the primary one being that they (Apple) control the software, not the wireless mobile provider. On the Android side, Google/Android can push out OS security updates but the companies like Verizon, ATT, etc claim they have to test it, evaluate it, and then deploy it and in many cases, they have zero intention of ever doing that.

Whats the standard supported time for android phones?

A cheaper phone is an illusion if you need to replace them every 3 years anyway.

Motorola Moto G.
Why not just use something like this ? 😄

1661897762383.jpg

Why would you have to replace it every 3 years?
Security updates. After a period of time, your wireless carrier will stop offering software / security updates for different models. I'll bet some of the cheap Android phones never get updates.

Security updates. After a period of time, your wireless carrier will stop offering software / security updates for different models. I'll bet some of the cheap Android phones never get updates.
I wouldn't know either way. Nor do I care as long as it operates as intended... Which it does.

I wake up when I'm not tired. I check the weather when I look out the window. I turn on the TV and get the news and financial report, while I have coffee and pet the dog.

My blood sugar is whatever it is. Just like the traffic when I go to the store. My wife makes "lists". I buy what I like when I see it. Which is why she never sends me.

But I am typing this on my phone because I just shut down my desktop. And it's a PITA to do it.

To each his own then. You asked the question and I replied but then you are the one getting curmudgeon about it.

Why haven’t you used the windshield wipers on your car? Afraid you will wear out the blades?

Actually, when you order on line, they deliver for free.

And if you’re in a hurry, for $8, they deliver same day from a local store.
The $8 same day is great. A relative lost their phone due to car accident and had a new on delivered to them at hospital and up and running within 2hrs of placing order.

Everyone has their opinion. Mine is Apple is thousands of times better than Android. Everything about them is. I switched from android in 2019 and got the XR that you mentioned mine was a pretty blue 🙂 that’s what drew me in, plus my parents finally gave in and let me get an iPhone instead of a Samsung lol. Now I have my second iPhone the 12 Pro I love it. The camera is awesome, tons more space, etc. A big thing is so much better made than those cheap feeling android. My parents have Samsung they always have they have gotten to really hate them especially with the Galaxy S21 Ultra which they haven’t liked a lot. I forget all the reasons they don’t. I know one is because the silver was a totally different color than the display model silver was and they had to wait weeks on them. Also I got more trade for my iPhone which at that point was over 2 years old. Over half the cost of the new phone it replaced. So I got the new phone for cheap. Hated to trade in but I wasn’t going to turn that down. It’s up to you but I’d listen to your son about this. I switched and you could not pay me to go back to android. Personally I run from anything with the words Samsung or LG on them. The only ones I’d even consider would be Motorola.

Regarding usage to me the iPhone is a lot easier to navigate. Also a lot easier to locate apps and music on both the home screens and the App Store and iTunes Store. Never could figure out the Android stuff. Now I’m brand bias and won’t buy anything but Apple products.

My Android just received an update on August 23rd. I have had this phone for over a year, and it has received 3-4 updates.
I more specifically meant only getting updates for about 2 years, which is a problem. Maybe it’s improved by now. I’m quite happy with my iPhone 12. Yes, I paid about 800 for it

Back