Going back to 20 weight or sticking with 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Brons2
upper cylinder lubricant

What exactly is in the upper cylinder that needs lubricating and isn't getting it without using the additive?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
upper cylinder lubricant

What exactly is in the upper cylinder that needs lubricating and isn't getting it without using the additive?

The Flambar Oscillator.

Originally Posted By: parshisa
I wish I had any clue what temperature oil is at a daily driving. but again - no way to tell. I guess the difference between the two is negligible and doesn't really need to be accounted for

Can't you get oil temp off the ODBC2? I had a 2012 Civic, which had no water temp gauge, so I got one of these...

https://www.scangauge.com/

you want to change the injector report?, this will do that..it also cleans..do I need to post my 500 Rubicon piston pics after 10yrs. on it? again?

Last edited:
I wasn’t being sarcastic or anything Sir. I really didn’t know what’s that for. And still don’t.

I think this should be good enough and will last me a while

Originally Posted By: ChemLabNL
Originally Posted By: kschachn
upper cylinder lubricant

The Flambar Oscillator.

I heard it lubricated the Veeblefetzer.

Originally Posted By: parshisa
I wasn’t being sarcastic or anything Sir. I really didn’t know what’s that for. And still don’t.

I think this should be good enough and will last me a while

Right on!
cheers3.gif

You could buy Edge 0/40 and keep yourself lubricated in Buffalo Trace with the money saved.

back to reality...

5/13 I changed out the 0/40 for the same, reused the ultra filter..my G/F was driving it 2,500 mostly short trips in this space as I'm busy updating on the T4R..anyway, I can report no dilution causing the oil level to increase.

Same here. I haven’t seen any oil level increase since i dumped factory fill.

Changed oil tgis afternoon, 6k miles on oil and oh my was it black. I know color means nothing but it was BLACK.

Pute honey went back in

...well confirms 1.5L dilution is a cold weather phenomenon..and plenty cold here 8 mo./yr....drove to town and back 50mi. today really get a confident feel engine/drive always in cinc and a big departure from my last 2k in the 18 wheeler earlier this week...lol.

Thinking this lubrication challenge is pretty well under control whatever the climate if your willing to think outside the manual.

Last edited:
with certainty I can almost assure I exercise the most comprehensive Honda 1.5L lubrication plan on the planet, the only debate may be in the climate I operate (46 deg. N.), and the significance of this statement.

lol.

Well may I suggest to check the manual, particularly the page where they make the oil recommandation, and publish a chart with ambient temperatures vs recommended oil weights?

If your temperatures are within the chart, then the problem is Honda’s. May be that the oil recommendation is wrong. Or they were too optimistic with the temperature range.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back