GM TEC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can GM Top Engine Cleaner part # 1050002 be added to the gas tank? All references are made to pouring it down the carburetor. I know they reformulated it, many people have said the change was not better but worse, this is the good stuff prior to the reformulation.

I was cleaning up today and found it in a box tucked away. I bought it at a yard sale a few years ago for about $1/bottle. I'm pretty certain it is about 6 or so years old. It can be use via a vacuum hose, but I want to know if it can be added to the gas to clean up the injectors and combustion chamber.

TIA

I will give your $1.25 for it so you will not have to risk your vehicles with that six year old poison :)

- Vikas

LOL- Thanks for the offer. I know the stuff is good, I just need to know if I can pour it in the tank.

Save it until you get the urge to Seafoam your vehicles. Then use this instead of Seafoam for better results.

Dont use the old version the tank,it contains an acid that is great on carbon but not so healthy for fuel system parts i.e. pump and injectors.

Best way is suck it down the PCV hose and leave it for a few hours or even overnight.
For a real problem engine like the N* put it down the plug holes of a warm engine and leave overnight.

Edit: Yes the old stuff is way better than the new formulation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back