Gave Up On Valvoline - Havoline?

Nothing will happen. I think the brand Valvoline will be even be much better. A lot of the corporations now a-days are owned by corporations from foreign companies/stakeholders/stock holders. To name a few, Columbia Tri-Star is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, Volvo is owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, Chrysler is owned by Fiat SpA, Jaguar/Land Rover is owned by Tata Motors, etc. Non of these foreign corporations interfered in the operations with the companies they purchased. I have a 2018 Jaguar and I don't see anything in my car that is made in India (not that I know of) LOL and the parts made are still British,German and other European nations.
Sheesh. Not a confidence inspiring list.

Bingo. If you buy a Volvo S60, is your money going to the Chinese parent company or the plant in SC that produces the car? If you buy a Ram 2500, is the money going to Dearborn or to Mexico where it's actually made?

I'm all about shopping local and buying American. But the waters can get muddied real quick.

Neither, your money is going to the dealer who bought the car that was on his lot. He bought it from Volvo (usa, in this case) for a bit less who ordered the car in the plant, and paid less for it to be built.

I was never one to purchase things just made here in the U.S., especially considering the global marketplace and how integrated everything is. However, that has changed, and I now try to buy things made here. I think it's important. It's hard to do and as RamFan said the waters can get muddied quickly. My money for oil is going to Superior WI at the moment.
Mine too!

I’m giving up on Valvoline since it sold to off-shore company. Maybe nothing with the oil will change but my gut says it will and most likely won’t be as robust as it has been.
Is Havoline going to be a even replacement oil?
I’m sure my engine won’t know the difference.
I’m retired and hope this truck is the last vehicle that I’ll own.
To be clear…not a fan of Mobil or Shell products. This isn’t a debate about those oils….
So you have nothing to base this on? You are just assuming Valvoline is going to go down hill because it sold its company?

I won't start worrying about it until I no longer see the Dexos label on Valvoline and/or the VOA/UOA's starting coming in less than desirable.
Well the label was created by general motors. Most people are not concerned with what general motors thinks. As a Japanese car owner the dexos labeling is just added costs and oil that I don't really need.

I’m in the same boat. Was a loyal Valvoline guy, but now considering switching to boxed Havoline 5W30. It’s Dexos rated for my wife’s GM and I use 5W30 in my old Mazda and I like sticking to one oil for the “fleet.”

The price on Havoline is very good. Valvoline used to be priced competitively but now it’s one of the more expensive synthetics.

I’d say your engine won’t notice a difference between the Valvoline or Havoline. You could look up VOA on the oils to compare, but I would use Chevron products with confidence.
since I bought this car in...march of '19... all the OC's have been from 2 different shops. One exclusively uses Havoline synthetic and Napa Filters, the other is my local VOIC with Max life Synthetic. (If i have a Groupon...the other shop is quite a bit farther away)
the engine is definitely quieter/feels a bit smoother on Valvoline than Havoilne.
now with the sale, I'm considering switching from VOIC to Walmart for my local changes. (according to the signage at the local store, they've switched from QS to Castrol)

Bingo. If you buy a Volvo S60, is your money going to the Chinese parent company or the plant in SC that produces the car? If you buy a Ram 2500, is the money going to Dearborn or to Mexico where it's actually made?

I'm all about shopping local and buying American. But the waters can get muddied real quick.
years back (01-02?) after I bought my 2000 Hyundai, I had someone get in my face about not buying American, and all the profits going back to Korea, etc.

I didn't waste my breath arguing with him, but, in my case at least, I bought it Used, From a Local Dealer, and Financed it through a Local Bank. my $$ Stayed in town.

Well don't buy Shell because in the Southeast they're owned by Aramaco. Citgo is Venezuela obviously.
Who is Aramaco? Never heard of them.... Knew about Citgo. I worked for a company that to this day I can not believe the CEO sold an entire
oil company! Trying to raise stock cause he could not do his job. He sold many of the best earning product lines they owned.

Who is Aramaco? Never heard of them.... Knew about Citgo. I worked for a company that to this day I can not believe the CEO sold an entire
oil company! Trying to raise stock cause he could not do his job. He sold many of the best earning product lines they owned.
Saudi Arabian state oil company. IIRC they bought Shell in the SE US.

It's actually Aramco, I added an extra "a" and I was being a little sarcastic.

SABIC bought a convenient store taco unit like 7-11 did ?

Back