Gabby Chaves’ mobile oil change business

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a promising racing career and the 2015 IndyCar Series rookie of the year to rideless. Gabby Chaves is making the most of it and will change your oil...at your house. It's cool to have a professional racer change the oil in your car, but also a little sad at the same time. Hope this goes well for him. Mobile Pitstop

I like that kid. He drove a Midget once and was asked by Robin Miller to describe it. He said the driving position was like sitting on a toilet! Lol!

I don't think it is sad. He's got entrepreneural spirit! He isn't relying on a rich daddy to buy his ride. Besides, I actually think he can make some good money doing this. If he gets only 4 or 5 changes a day, at probably 100 or 150 a pop, he could do very well.

I may have him do my wife's van sometime just to support him.

I just checked...he's running a deal for $55 bucks for a full synthetic "Dexos Gen 2" oil change and filter. That's competitive with any brick and mortar quickie lube. I also wouldn't worry about Gabby screwing something up like overtightening the drain plug or double-gasket filter installation. He's a gearhead, so I'd trust him with my machines.

I guess when I say "sad", it's more meaning that he has the talent and should be in the series and not changing the oil in my car. Prices really aren't too bad. The high end Castrol Edge change is $100, and the prices go down from there.

Originally Posted by Pat in Speedway
I guess when I say "sad", it's more meaning that he has the talent and should be in the series and not changing the oil in my car. Prices really aren't too bad. The high end Castrol Edge change is $100, and the prices go down from there.

I agree.

I just heard someone complaining of a full synthetic oil change for about $130 bucks at Jiffy Lube. If true, that makes Gabby's deal a bargain, not even considering he comes to you.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
He was one of those drivers that I wasn't a fan of, but always liked seeing out there.

He won me over when he jumped in that Midget car. The kid is a racer!

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
He was one of those drivers that I wasn't a fan of, but always liked seeing out there.

He won me over when he jumped in that Midget car. The kid is a racer!

Any foreign driver to hop in a sprint car or a midget is a rare one for sure. I remember Robin Miller trying to get Mikhail Aleshin into a 410 winged sprint and he looked shocked at the car. Speaking of, I miss him in IndyCar.

The mobile mechanic industry is exploding in my area. Just check out Craigslist.. and there's nothing wrong with putting in an honest days work.

He could be onto something. And it's sure as heck safer than driving open wheel. Build up his brand and then start licensing franchise operations nationwide. He just might be the last one laughing...all the way to the bank. ... Here's wishing that young man all the luck and success in the world!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the busy person would like it. My daughter lived in Texas and now in Oklahoma. Completely different there getting her oil changed. Make an appointment and still wait. Most times she is there 1-1.5 hours. Make a phone call and somebody comes to your house to change oil. The only stopper would be a place where they don't allow you to work on your own car in your own driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back