fuel color? and advertised brand/receipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever notice the color of the fuel poured into yard equipment?

We normally go to BP or Shell to get fuel for the lawn mower and it's always clear looking.
Got it at the Farm Fresh station last time and it's bronze colored.
Just thought even if it came from a different source that it'd still be the same color?

This is unrelated to the first part, but I figured it'd be better to ask in the same post:

I fueled my truck up at a Texaco station and the receipt said Sunoco for the station name... Everything on the station said Texaco and the pumps said "with techron".

I'm wondering if there's a chance they're already selling Sunoco's formulation even with the Texaco stuff still up?
Currently I can search for station locations on Texaco and Sunoco's web site and the same address comes up on both sites.
54.gif

The xenophobe in me thinks the clear gas is "better" but mine is always bronze as well.

What a lazy station! I've been to stations that switch brands in the middle of the night, with a nylon cover over the old big sign and spray paint on the pumps. If your two brands are different there'll still be leftovers in the tank anyway.

could have to do with the sourced crude/sulfur level or it could be dyed slightly.

As far as the sunoco/texaco thing, I cant say... Best to ask someone there who looks like the manager (may not do you any good though). Sunoco is top tier...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
could have to do with the sourced crude/sulfur level or it could be dyed slightly.

As far as the sunoco/texaco thing, I cant say... Best to ask someone there who looks like the manager (may not do you any good though). Sunoco is top tier...

I don't know about that, It says on the Top Tier Website that Sunoco Canada is Top tier, does that mean it is in the good ol' USA?

No. Sunoco Canada is not Sunoco US. Turkey Hill sources their gas from Sunoco and Turkey Hill is Top Tier (see their lkist). I called and spoke to their fuels manager and he noted that while they buy the gas from Sunoco, they do an add pack that is at least four times the amount Sunoco uses to get the Top Tier status rating.

It would be interesting to know rather just some stations add dye or if it's something in their suppliers formulation.

Just an update for anyone wondering about the Texaco station with the Sunoco receipt.. They finally changed the station signs to Sunoco.

We no longer have a Texaco station around here. The other one changed to Citgo a few months back. I hope the Shell stations don't change over to something else, they're about the only top tier stations left around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back