BP Fuel Comes To Central Pennsylvania

Today I passed what was previously a Hess station, then A Speedway, is now undergoing a transformation to a BP station. Interesting, as BP abandoned this area at least 10 years ago. I'm curious because I have been running exclusively Toptier fuels, specifically Shell, ExxonMobil, and occasionally Sunoco. BP dropped out of the Toptier listing but advertises their "Envigorate" additive package actually exceeds Toptier standards. Good fuel? Interested because they have a credit card that offers a .15 cents/ gallon discount and the station is in a very convenient location. Worth consideration?

Yes! I’ve had the BP rewards card for years. Save 15 cents a gallon off the pump price and I typically get BP for the same, sometimes cheaper price than a nearby Murphys and Sheetz.

They are rare in PA. I'm in Eastern PA. There's a local mom & pop store that is a BP. Near Maple Grove Raceway. No other BP for many miles around.

Today I passed what was previously a Hess station, then A Speedway, is now undergoing a transformation to a BP station. Interesting, as BP abandoned this area at least 10 years ago. I'm curious because I have been running exclusively Toptier fuels, specifically Shell, ExxonMobil, and occasionally Sunoco. BP dropped out of the Toptier listing but advertises their "Envigorate" additive package actually exceeds Toptier standards. Good fuel? Interested because they have a credit card that offers a .15 cents/ gallon discount and the station is in a very convenient location. Worth consideration?
BP is all I use mainly because of the .15 cents off per gallon when using the BP credit card. I haven't had any problems with their fuel and have been using it for a few years now. That fifteen cents off per gallon sure adds up over time.

It used to be. Wonder what happened. Didn't they take over AMOCO?

Yea, a local BP station here remodeled and branded themselves Amoco instead, oddly enough. Around here BP is a more recognized name than Amoco even though they're together

We now have QuikTrip stations working their way north through Illinois. This is good news as it is another source for TopTier fuels.

Reactions: Pew
BP is British Petroleum. A world wide company of a scope similar to Shell or ExxonMobil. Parent company of Castrol. Took over Amoco.

They refuse now to pay tribute to license a "Top Tier" label. Only fly by night brands really need this label to establish their legitimacy.

It is absurd to think that their fuel is crappy.

Exxon, Sunoco and Shell are fly by night? You have a very interesting world view.
They don't need a Top Tier label either. But brands such as "Value America", "Win Win", and "WOW" do.

You have a very interesting way of distorting a statement.

Exxon, Shell, and Sunoco may have the label, but they don't "need" the label to establish their legitimacy.

I use a fair amount of BP, along with Shell & Sunoco-I have good luck with their gas. Not always the case when I used Speedway (an infamous case of them having gasoline in the diesel tank being the worst).

BP is British Petroleum. A world wide company of a scope similar to Shell or ExxonMobil. Parent company of Castrol. Took over Amoco.

They refuse now to pay tribute to license a "Top Tier" label. Only fly by night brands really need this label to establish their legitimacy.

It is absurd to think that their fuel is crappy.
BP has a state of the art refinery in Whiting IN. A lot of our fuel locally comes from there and not necessarily sold at BP. They use the Canadian tar sand oil. Two huge pipelines. But the actual BPs are usually not the cheapest gas.

BP/Amoco exceeds top tier they just refuse to play that game for whatever reason. I use it almost exclusively it’s good stuff. I experimented with a different premium fuel for a few months and started to notice mild idling oddities, going back to Amoco Ultimate cleared it up in a few tanks.

It's a perfectly fine fuel.
Blessed or not, my cars have burned more than several gallons of it, and drove on afterwards.
If it is the right price, after consultation with Gas Buddy, I'm fine with it.

I was told that all the fuel here in the Northeast was “generic”. It is refined down south and the individual refineries have to “buy” time on the pipeline so all refined gas becomes mixed in the pipes on the way to the north. Only when it gets to the companies distribu centers do they add proprietary additives.

Is there any real truth to this? I know that I see the same tanker truck go to the Mobil station, the convenience store and the BP station (all within a block of each other).

Back