Sunoco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have family that wants to get me gas cards for back home. Problem is, Ohio and Upstate New York have different stations.

Ohio- BP, Marathon, Speedway, Shell, Sunoco

New York- Stewarts, Hess, USA, Exxon Mobil, Gulf (Cumberland), Sunoco.

The only common one is Sunoco. Thing is, Sunoco gas always seems to be a couple cents more expensive than everything else. Is that purely due to the Corporate fuel price, or is there different additives or something that makes it better? We normally like to fill our cars up at Hess and Gulf, but none of those here in the buckeye state.

Also: I am starting to try to buy more domestic (I consider Canada domestic). Does anyone know where companies like Sunoco, XOM, Hess, etc get their crude from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Markup is what, about 30-50% in retail? And then buy in great quantities? So if you cut your margin, buy in bulk, you should be selling the same stuff at a lower price!

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
They can always cut you a check instead. Sounds more convenient and you can go to your normal stations.

+1

Granted, Sunoco gas is pretty good around here....

Just what you need. Another annoying card in your wallet and another bill in the mail. Can you make this work with a VISA card that allows you to shop at any gas station or are you trying for reward points?

Originally Posted By: severach
Just what you need. Another annoying card in your wallet and another bill in the mail. Can you make this work with a VISA card that allows you to shop at any gas station or are you trying for reward points?

His relatives want to buy him gift cards like he says in his first post. He's not considering a gas credit card.

A long time ago gas companies used take other companies' cards that weren't in the same area. After growing up in Pennsylvania, I lived in Michigan for a while. My Alantic Richfield card was good at many stations in Michigan. When it expired, they sent me an Arco card that I couldn't use anywhere except visits back in Pennsylvania. Perhaps Visa, etc. has killed that? Of course they are available as gift cards too, but you could use them for beer, pizza, clothes, etc. I vague remember seeing pumps that take Fuelman cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back