Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.

Its worth it for wipers cabin filters oil changes brake fluid trans service kits etc. Did you check pirateship?
I pulled it up once when you mentioned it in another post. I just don't ship that often other than through online sales and most places offer very competitive in-house rates.

Not great BBB reviews.

$18.95 for USPS Large Flat Rate there, vs $22.80 from usps.com. That adds up if you're a commercial shipper, unless they're cutting corners elsewhere (insurance claims, perhaps). Not sure I want another online account that I'll never use.

Last edited:
Not doubting you can ship oil back, or anyone for that matter. I packed up my last jug just to see how this goes. One $40 jug of Liquimoly (not $47, because they don't give you back the inflation). $22.80 for the large flat rate box label. Not including my time and gas, I can expect a whopping $17.20 back in store credit...

Agreed that it's worth it for large ticket items.
Ok, USPS accepted my oil. They didn't ask, not that it matters because I purchased the label online and signed the positive affirmation under threat of $100k penalty.

You'll be fine.....just make sure you pack it well.
I zip tied it as best I could, but unfortunately I had to chop off the excess bagging, so it might slip off. I made it very very tight, and I taped all corners in case it leaks. Since it's going ground, it'll probably only leak if they crush the box. There isn't much room to pack it well since it's oversized for the large flat rate box in the first place.

Edit: Lmao I was just reading about this topic over at the GolfMK7 forum and I'm like, "this person sounds familiar"...

Last edited:
I zip tied it as best I could, but unfortunately I had to chop off the excess bagging, so it might slip off. I made it very very tight, and I taped all corners in case it leaks. Since it's going ground, it'll probably only leak if they crush the box. There isn't much room to pack it well since it's oversized for the large flat rate box in the first place.

Edit: Lmao I was just reading about this topic over at the GolfMK7 forum and I'm like, "this person sounds familiar"...
AHAHAHAHAHAH I've been found out!!!

I'd buy some filters on Rockauto* and use QS 5w40 Euro @ $22.97 for the 5 qt. jug at Walmart (+$5.97 for the 6th quart... or buy 3 5 qt. jugs and have 2 OCs and 3 qts. left for top up). The VW 2.5 should run forever on this combination.

*Oil filters for the 2.5 are inexpensive on RA as long as you buy enough to lower the shipping cost per filter.

Last edited:
2 DSG service kits and a round of air filters next month. DSG kits will be F-R-EE ;).
Mine is an Atlas oil change, 2x Motul RBF600, am oil filter for the wagon and a DSG service kit.

FCP is a funny website, I'll say that much. They've got perfectly good genuine Audi 502 5W-40 that doesn't come up unless you explicitly enter something like "5W40 Audi VW Engine Oil". For oil change kits, they only offer me Liquimoly or Motul, even though they clearly have genuine Audi oil as well as Pentosin in 502 spec.

FCP is a funny website, I'll say that much. They've got perfectly good genuine Audi 502 5W-40 that doesn't come up unless you explicitly enter something like "5W40 Audi VW Engine Oil". For oil change kits, they only offer me Liquimoly or Motul, even though they clearly have genuine Audi oil as well as Pentosin in 502 spec.
What vehicle are you shopping for? I entered "Audi engine oil" and just about every oil they offer came up including the "genuine" Audi 5W-40 oil with VAG part number as well as Pentosin including kit form. In their defense, they offer the LM and Motul for better cost to consumer and perceptively better oil, (in the case of Motul), over the OEM oil at similar price.

I personally don't do the oil purchase/return through them though. Rather go to Walmart and get a solid 502.00, then recycle the used oil vs. the hassle/cost of shipping it back, but thats just me. I will take advantage of the heavier oil/fluid return stuff like DSG kits and brake fluid because I can't get that stuff at Wally.

What vehicle are you shopping for? I entered "Audi engine oil" and just about every oil they offer came up including the "genuine" Audi 5W-40 oil with VAG part number as well as Pentosin including kit form. In their defense, they offer the LM and Motul for better cost to consumer and perceptively better oil, (in the case of Motul), over the OEM oil at similar price.

I personally don't do the oil purchase/return through them though. Rather go to Walmart and get a solid 502.00, then recycle the used oil vs. the hassle/cost of shipping it back, but thats just me. I will take advantage of the heavier oil/fluid return stuff like DSG kits and brake fluid because I can't get that stuff at Wally.
Lol ya you get 92 pages of results searching for "Audi Engine oil".

Agreed if you have the part number it's likely to come up, though I've had issues in the past. For several Audis, they just don't offer the genuine-branded oil as part of a kit, nor does it even come up as an option for a single bottle (even though they carry it).

I suspect it's not unique to Audi on their website. I've mentioned it to them in the past and they didn't seem too concerned. They must have a lot of Liquimoly they want to move out the door.

You'll be fine.....just make sure you pack it well.
Well, well, well. Trouble in paradise with the FCP Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.

I was skeptical going into this, and now doubly so. Let me start off by saying my situation is a little unique (but also not). The first time I purchased any Liquimoly from FCP was 2 years ago. I never opted to return that oil under the LRG. I purchased 2x5L jugs @ 34.99/jug, rather than the kit, as it seemed like a better value. In 2022, I purchased just 1 of those same jugs for $40.19 and used the residual from the prior order to top it off. Just recently (2023), I purchaesd 2x5L jugs again, @$47.39/jug.

So, I returned the oil from the 2022 order, which was $40.19/jug (with the return form clearly marked so there was no confusion), and they chose to refund me the $34.99 from the order two years ago, even though that is not the oil I sent back. If I had that oil, don't you think I'd have sent both orders back? Of course I would have.

I spoke with them over chat and it doesn't seem like they're going to reverse it. They said they'd look into it and get back to me by email. Exact words:
"Since it has already been processed, Im not really sure how to proceed here. I can reach out to them and see what they say."

Given the inflationary trends in oil, and in particular Liquimoly, I probably won't be purchasing oil from them going forward. For sure I won't be returning any oil. $13 is what I got back, net. Considering I paid $47.39 for the replacement, I can comfortably say there is no such thing as a "Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro", as the title of this thread suggests. Even if i had gotten the correct $18 net back, that's clearly miles away from being "free".

TL;DR - Not worth the hassle. Big ticket items make sense, but inflation and shipping are eating up the already razor thin margins on using the LRG for engine oil, and now I'm being punished for having not taken advantage of the return policy the first time around, as FCP doesn't compensate for inflationary effects (which in the case of commodities, is typically always *up*).

Last edited:
Well, well, well. Trouble in paradise with the FCP Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.

I was skeptical going into this, and now doubly so. Let me start off by saying my situation is a little unique (but also not). The first time I purchased any Liquimoly from FCP was 2 years ago. I never opted to return that oil under the LRG. I purchased 2x5L jugs @ 34.99/jug, rather than the kit, as it seemed like a better value. In 2022, I purchased just 1 of those same jugs for $40.19 and used the residual from the prior order to top it off. Just recently (2023), I purchaesd 2x5L jugs again, @$47.39/jug.

So, I returned the oil from the 2022 order, which was $40.19/jug (with the return form clearly marked so there was no confusion), and they chose to refund me the $34.99 from the order two years ago, even though that is not the oil I sent back. If I had that oil, don't you think I'd have sent both orders back? Of course I would have.

I spoke with them over chat and it doesn't seem like they're going to reverse it. They said they'd look into it and get back to me by email. Exact words:
"Since it has already been processed, Im not really sure how to proceed here. I can reach out to them and see what they say."

Given the inflationary trends in oil, and in particular Liquimoly, I probably won't be purchasing oil from them going forward. For sure I won't be returning any oil. $13 is what I got back, net. Considering I paid $47.39 for the replacement, I can comfortably say there is no such thing as a "Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro", as the title of this thread suggests. Even if i had gotten the correct $18 net back, that's clearly miles away from being "free".

TL;DR - Not worth the hassle. Big ticket items make sense, but inflation and shipping are eating up the already razor thin margins on using the LRG for engine oil, and now I'm being punished for having not taken advantage of the return policy the first time around, as FCP doesn't compensate for inflationary effects (which in the case of commodities, is typically always *up*).
Netting $18 is still more than autozone or walmart would give you for dumping off the shelf Castrol into their tanks.

It sounds like they made a mistake, and I've not run into these sorts of issues.

Even when returning brake fluid from a car I no longer have.

Netting $18 is still more than autozone or walmart would give you for dumping off the shelf Castrol into their tanks.

It sounds like they made a mistake, and I've not run into these sorts of issues.

Even when returning brake fluid from a car I no longer have.

You will encounter them if you do what I did. Even if they had honored my return using a LIFO method of accounting, no the $18 isn't worth it. I just got 2x5L of Castrol Euro for $35 delivered to my door after their $20 rebate. If Audi recommends it, I'm not so sure the Liquimoly is worth it any more at almost $48 for 5L (and only going higher). It's a shortsighted move on their part to save $5. For some context, I've spent over $2100 at FCP.

It sounds like FCP are in some kind of trouble, between decisions like this and more recently, eliminating their Lifetime Guarantee refunds. It's only store credit now. If you think about it, this really eliminates a lot of the advantage of having the LRG in the first place, from a customer standpoint. Whereas I'd have considered buying a clutch/flywheel from them for an upcoming repair, I will likely reconsider, as I probably won't have the car long enough to have to replace the clutch a second time. And even if I did, what am I going to do with $1000 in store credit on top of what I already have?

Honestly, unless you're keeping your ride for a couple hundred thousand miles, I can't see the LRG as being advantageous going forward. Especially in light of the fact that they've demonstrated having no scruples about changing their guarantee after the fact and making it retroactive. This "guarantee" really isn't legally binding in any way, shape or form. Once the trust is broken, it can not be regained. If you do keep your vehicle that long, you have to bank on FCP still being around and having this policy. Even then, when you sell the car, you're left with some massive store credit. I can only see this working out for someone that exclusively purchases VAG/Porsche vehicles.

End Rant.

Last edited:
Strange that they didn't give you the higher price back in the first place. I have had several returns where they have given me the higher priced part credit even when the replacement is now less. Granted, I haven't done the oil so wouldn't run into the inflationary trend you mention. You make some valid points and the LRG isn't for everyone. But if you fleet VAG (I have 3 currently), or other Euros, it CAN be advantageous. Just another option.

You will encounter them if you do what I did. Even if they had honored my return using a LIFO method of accounting, no the $18 isn't worth it. I just got 2x5L of Castrol Euro for $35 delivered to my door after their $20 rebate. If Audi recommends it, I'm not so sure the Liquimoly is worth it any more at almost $48 for 5L (and only going higher). It's a shortsighted move on their part to save $5. For some context, I've spent over $2100 at FCP.

It sounds like FCP are in some kind of trouble, between decisions like this and more recently, eliminating their Lifetime Guarantee refunds. It's only store credit now. If you think about it, this really eliminates a lot of the advantage of having the LRG in the first place, from a customer standpoint. Whereas I'd have considered buying a clutch/flywheel from them for an upcoming repair, I will likely reconsider, as I probably won't have the car long enough to have to replace the clutch a second time. And even if I did, what am I going to do with $1000 in store credit on top of what I already have?

Honestly, unless you're keeping your ride for a couple hundred thousand miles, I can't see the LRG as being advantageous going forward. Especially in light of the fact that they've demonstrated having no scruples about changing their guarantee after the fact and making it retroactive. This "guarantee" really isn't legally binding in any way, shape or form. Once the trust is broken, it can not be regained. If you do keep your vehicle that long, you have to bank on FCP still being around and having this policy. Even then, when you sell the car, you're left with some massive store credit. I can only see this working out for someone that exclusively purchases VAG/Porsche vehicles.

End Rant.
I have thousands in refunds and have had zero issues. I do the returns all online. I go online to my list of orders under my account. I choose the one I am returning (for you the Feb 22 oil). I fill in the replacement order # (for you the most recent order). Sounds like a simple mistake; did you full out the form correctly with both order numbers? As I've said many times the LRG makes sense when you have lots of maintenance supply needs (like me with 4 VWs!) and bundle up the returns plus use a discount shipping service (pirateship). I have a ~$300 return going back this month and I don't anticipate any drama. Store.credit works fine for me as i keepna rollong balance that covers most if not all of my periodic orders throughout the year. You are part of how they offer this without going out of business...by that I mean most FCP customers don't do use it as it is somewhat of a hassle.

Strange that they didn't give you the higher price back in the first place. I have had several returns where they have given me the higher priced part credit even when the replacement is now less. Granted, I haven't done the oil so wouldn't run into the inflationary trend you mention. You make some valid points and the LRG isn't for everyone. But if you fleet VAG (I have 3 currently), or other Euros, it CAN be advantageous. Just another option.
Technically, that is their policy, even though you sort of have to dig around the website to find out (IIRC). However, it works both ways. That means that you eat any inflationary costs. I've only ever seen the cost of replacement items go up, so this is typically always working against the customer. No different than inflation we see at the pump, home, grocery store, etc...

I have thousands in refunds and have had zero issues. I do the returns all online. I go online to my list of orders under my account. I choose the one I am returning (for you the Feb 22 oil). I fill in the replacement order # (for you the most recent order). Sounds like a simple mistake; did you full out the form correctly with both order numbers?
Lol of course I did. It wasn't a mistake. I spoke with chat and they emailed me back after looking into it. Here's what they said:

"When we changed our LRG policy back on 11/1/22, we changed the way returns are processed. We used to process all returns to the replacement order but this did not make sense for us to continue doing as it was hurting the company.

When that policy changed back in November 2022, we made it so that moving forward, all LRG returns are processed to the original order
or the oldest available order that doesn't already have an LRG return for that item yet."

So there you have it.

As I've said many times the LRG makes sense when you have lots of maintenance supply needs (like me with 4 VWs!) and bundle up the returns plus use a discount shipping service (pirateship).

Pirate ship was charging the same as USPS flat rate. No advantage for me there.

Indeed, it does make sense if you have a several VW/Audi cars. Even then, it's still not going to make your oil changes all that cheap when you consider the alternatives.

You are part of how they offer this without going out of business...by that I mean most FCP customers don't do use it as it is somewhat of a hassle.
On the contrary, I've sent everything back I possibly could, with the exception of the first oil change. Hence why they only refunded me that very old oil change. I don't believe they could keep the policy going, hence why they discontinued it. Store credit is not the same as cash back. Right now, I'm sitting on almost $500 in credits because I purchased rotors/pads and then replacement rotors pads. It's worth mentioning I purchased the first set of rotors/pads before they changed their policy, and yet I'm still stuck with the store credit. So, I'm still out all the money for 2x rotors/pads. I just have to cross my fingers that something worth $500 breaks on my car.... (sarc)

Last edited:
Back