Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.

Capture2.JPG

I have found another nuance of the FCP system...mutliples in an order. Example. I order multiple bottles of brake fluid usually, the Motul RBF600 b/c I bleed my brakes regularly. So if you buy 3 in an order, you have to order 3 more to replace those 3 to get the return refund credit for any of the first ones you returned. In my mind, I bought 3 so I can return 2 of them without a new replacement order b/c they replace each other if that makes sense but as I just found, that doesn't work...used to! I get it, they need a new order# to allow the return order number to process. Stay frosty.

I have found another nuance of the FCP system...mutliples in an order. Example. I order multiple bottles of brake fluid usually, the Motul RBF600 b/c I bleed my brakes regularly. So if you buy 3 in an order, you have to order 3 more to replace those 3 to get the return refund credit for any of the first ones you returned. In my mind, I bought 3 so I can return 2 of them without a new replacement order b/c they replace each other if that makes sense but as I just found, that doesn't work...used to! I get it, they need a new order# to allow the return order number to process. Stay frosty.
Other than nickel and diming me for $5, I didn't have this problem with my last oil replacement. I used an order that had 2x5L to get a replacement for a new order with 1x5L.

Maybe this is a new feature.

Edit to.
Other than nickel and diming me for $5, I didn't have this problem with my last oil replacement. I used an order that had 2x5L to get a replacement for a new order with 1x5L.

Maybe this is a new feature.
Oh sorry....u r correct. I meant you had to order a new whatever to return a previous one. It can be 1. My bad.

Lol well of course you have to order a new one to replace the old one.
Dude....u r missing what I'm saying....

If I order 3 bottles... why can't I return 2 of them as replacements for #1 and #2....I bought 1 and 2 replacements at the same time.

Dude....u r missing what I'm saying....

If I order 3 bottles... why can't I return 2 of them as replacements for #1 and #2....I bought 1 and 2 replacements at the same time.
You can. I did that with my oil. Unless they changed it on you, or it was user error, or else FCP incompetence. Perhaps you've been flagged as an LFG abuser 😂

You can. I did that with my oil. Unless they changed it on you, or it was user error, or else FCP incompetence. Perhaps you've been flagged as an LFG abuser 😂
I did the same and they punted - I think they have to see the 2x different orders or maybe it was b/c I had a lot in there...who knows, they fixed it when I emailed them. $>$2K in refunds and counting....

LFG abuser.....I don't think so. I like to call it a "Gold-Medallion Customer".

Last edited:
Ok, this is one of their recent revisions...was just doing some returns and noted it.

Seems reasonable/no issues on my end and how I have been using it. Basically, they are going to nix it for you if you say buy a set of spark plugs/return a set every few mos. vs. annual/every 2 years etc. The "proactively prior to failure" would be say returning brake pads only 3/4 worn etc.

Capture.JPG

On a positive note, my brake pads arrived damaged by UPS.

I was able to contact FCP and they sent a new set via 2-day air and didn't even want the old ones back.

Gotta say, ATE needs better packaging for their brake pads. They really high quality, but the shims and pads bounce around happily in a slightly too big box - for the rear ones at least.

Ok, this is one of their recent revisions...was just doing some returns and noted it.

Seems reasonable/no issues on my end and how I have been using it. Basically, they are going to nix it for you if you say buy a set of spark plugs/return a set every few mos. vs. annual/every 2 years etc. The "proactively prior to failure" would be say returning brake pads only 3/4 worn etc.

View attachment 184846
One of the other nuances is if you have several vehicles you own that use the same fluids/parts etc. I asked them if I order a replacement part for one vehicle and LRG the same part # from another car will it get flagged as abuse. They said no, as long as the proper VIN is used for the return. They understand that many vehicles can use the same part # and some folks could own multiple cars with the same part and take that into consideration. So if say you purchase a replacement oil filter for one and return from another car, it counts and won't get labeled as abuse.

One of the other nuances is if you have several vehicles you own that use the same fluids/parts etc. I asked them if I order a replacement part for one vehicle and LRG the same part # from another car will it get flagged as abuse. They said no, as long as the proper VIN is used for the return. They understand that many vehicles can use the same part # and some folks could own multiple cars with the same part and take that into consideration. So if say you purchase a replacement oil filter for one and return from another car, it counts and won't get labeled as abuse.
Nice. Yeah I have the Atlas and GSW that share parts so I always use the right VIN. Look...at this point/over $2K worth of refunds, I'd say if they still are allowing me to do this...we're all fine..ahhahaah

Last edited:

View attachment 184846
Terms, terms and more terms.

1698344365414.jpg

I guess it's not "every part". They reall ought to pay attention to what it says on their own website.

Terms, terms and more terms.

View attachment 185300

I guess it's not "every part". They reall ought to pay attention to what it says on their own website.
I see no issues/contradiction or that this is hard to use. They let you return every part, but if you are going to buy/return spark plugs every week, well, at some point they will say "no"/falls under the abuse clause.....$2,273 refunds (or in that ballpark) and counting.....working well for me!

Capture.JPG

I see no issues/contradiction or that this is hard to use. They let you return every part, but if you are going to buy/return spark plugs every week, well, at some point they will say "no"/falls under the abuse clause.....$2,273 refunds (or in that ballpark) and counting.....working well for me!

It's being marketed as a panacea when there is actually some fine print. It was "no questions asked" when I first started using it, but you have to dig around the site to really nail down that there are in fact terms and conditions.

You are a power user and are thus the exception, not the rule. The UX for everyone else is somewhat lacking. ECS Tuning has already picked up on this and their site automatically generates your return form for their own version of a lifetime guarantee.

Hey, FCP, are you listening? @TiGeo can you report back to FCP for the kind folks at BITOG? Please and thank you. 😂

It's being marketed as a panacea when there is actually some fine print. It was "no questions asked" when I first started using it, but you have to dig around the site to really nail down that there are in fact terms and conditions.

You are a power user and are thus the exception, not the rule. The UX for everyone else is somewhat lacking. ECS Tuning has already picked up on this and their site automatically generates your return form for their own version of a lifetime guarantee.

Hey, FCP, are you listening? @TiGeo can you report back to FCP for the kind folks at BITOG? Please and thank you. 😂
That fine print doesn't impact many folks here. The average user will have no issues. The form being auto-filled out..yeah...that would be nice but is it really that hard to do this? No. It's treated exactly like a rebate and that's why many don't use them...there is a pain in the butt factor they hope makes you not use it. ECS? They aren't leeting you return consumables...fine print man..fine print....I got nothing for you Brain-man...FCP4lyfe!!!!

That fine print doesn't impact many folks here. The average user will have no issues. The form being auto-filled out..yeah...that would be nice but is it really that hard to do this? No. It's treated exactly like a rebate and that's why many don't use them...there is a pain in the butt factor they hope makes you not use it. ECS? They aren't leeting you return consumables...fine print man..fine print....I got nothing for you Brain-man...FCP4lyfe!!!!
I'm just making an observation, one not based on assumption. It was in response to your post about new terms.

ECS does let you return SOME consumables, you just have to look around and check. For instance, the latest DSG kit I was looking at with Pentosin fluid was not LRG, but the one using Genuine OE fluid is. They have a more streamlined return process though, along with parts and other items that FCP doesn't offer.

Back