Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.

Very little effort to return the parts required for a tune up.

Rtn. Qty
Product Name
Return Price Each
Total
4​
Spark Plug - NGK 7084 (NGK-7084)
3.49​
13.96​
1​
Audi Mercedes Saab Volvo VW Distributor Rotor - Bosch 04170 (BOS-1234332350)
8.99​
8.99​
1​
Audi Porsche VW Volvo Distributor Cap - Bosch 03010 (BOS-1235522056)
19.49​
19.49​
1​
Volvo Air Filter - Mann C34831 (MAN-C34831)
9.79​
9.79​

FCP added a $55 store credit to my account this morning.

Rtn. Qty
Product Name
Return Price Each
Total
4​
3.49​
13.96​
1​
8.99​
8.99​
1​
19.49​
19.49​
1​
9.79​
9.79​

Folks act like droping some parts in a box and printing a label off their computer and dropping it on the counter at the UPS or USPS is a major chore. I'll take my store credit for a little effort. No different than filling out rebates.

Folks act like droping some parts in a box and printing a label off their computer and dropping it on the counter at the UPS or USPS is a major chore. I'll take my store credit for a little effort. No different than filling out rebates.
I know it takes a lot more time for me than it’s worth.

I know it takes a lot more time for me than it’s worth.
For a few parts once in a blue moon, sure I get it. I guess I ship things all the time so am efficient at it. I'd say this last return took me about 45 total minutes to box up, fill out/print off the form, and drop off at the UPS store. $160 store credit.

$160 worth of stuff returned for $7.65 using pirateship. 3x sets of wipers, 2 cabin filters, brake fluid. Will cover most of my next service on the Atlas.

View attachment 202228
As we once debated, I would be all over this if I lived on the East Coast. The shipping charges for the West Coast folks is staggering.
Do you know if they ever opened a West Coast warehouse?

As we once debated, I would be all over this if I lived on the East Coast. The shipping charges for the West Coast folks is staggering.
No idea. Pirateship is dirt cheap. I know a buy in the Pac NW and ships things all the time to FCP with PS and has v. low shipping costs.

No idea. Pirateship is dirt cheap. I know a buy in the Pac NW and ships things all the time to FCP with PS and has v. low shipping costs.
No need to play dumb - we had this exchange a while back. I even showed you screenshots. The shipping costs for heavy items to CT are cost-prohibitive, even at wholesale rates.

They opened a new warehouse in Arizona but the returns still go to CT. Hopefully they will start taking the LRG returns in AZ.

No need to play dumb - we had this exchange a while back. I even showed you screenshots. The shipping costs for heavy items to CT are cost-prohibitive, even at wholesale rates.
"no idea" meaning "no idea/bummer why it's so much for you" - yes, I recall you and I discussing it and that wasn't what "no idea" was meant for. Not playing "dumb"...couldn't figure out what you were talking about there.

Rtn. Qty
Product Name
Return Price Each
Total
4​
3.49​
13.96​
1​
8.99​
8.99​
1​
19.49​
19.49​
1​
9.79​
9.79​

Don't you have to buy these parts twice though? Once, then use them, then buy again to replace the first ones, then return the first ones?

Don't you have to buy these parts twice though? Once, then use them, then buy again to replace the first ones, then return the first ones?
Yes...of course...you are getting a refund for the original after buying the replacement. Buy thing 1. Use thing 1. Buy thing 2 to replace thing 1. Return thing 1. Store credit for thing 1. Repeat infinity.

How much are you saving, if anything, when you factor in the higher oil cost (twice) + return shipping + cost of time/hassle.

And after all that are the products they carry any better than $20-25 euro M1, Castrol, PP/QSUD.

I love FCP and get other parts from them, but their oil is a net loser for me.

How much are you saving, if anything, when you factor in the higher oil cost (twice) + return shipping + cost of time/hassle.

And after all that are the products they carry any better than $20-25 euro M1, Castrol, PP/QSUD.

I love FCP and get other parts from them, but their oil is a net loser for me.
If I just look at oil change kits for the 4 VWs I have that I've bought/used/returned:

14 LM oil change kits for $969 spent.

10 returned for $686 refunded/store credit. You always have the original sunk cost so 4 changes I paid full price for effectively but the per/change cost drops each successive buy/return cycle.

Return shipping is more murky b/c a lot was free under old Paypal system but even paying, I've spent $124 total over the last 5 years returning ~2K worth of refunded stuff....but for just the oil changes, call it $75 of that cost b/c it's the heaviest (actually brake rotors are!).

So...14 oil changes for $358 or $25 per change all-in oil + filter + drain plug....cheaper than any other Euro change I can do at Walmart and it gets less and less each successive change. Remember, the W8 is a 9qt change and that's included in that cost.

Last edited:
Yes...of course...you are getting a refund for the original after buying the replacement. Buy thing 1. Use thing 1. Buy thing 2 to replace thing 1. Return thing 1. Store credit for thing 1. Repeat infinity.
And what's the kicker with the multiples on an order again? I haven't done a return yet but will once I accumulate more used parts to send back. I bought 5 drain pan bolts since they're one-time use, and 5 oil filters. My understanding is that I would now have to buy a batch of 5 more before returning the first 5? Or, I could buy 2 more but then only be able to return 2?

And what's the kicker with the multiples on an order again? I haven't done a return yet but will once I accumulate more used parts to send back. I bought 5 drain pan bolts since they're one-time use, and 5 oil filters. My understanding is that I would now have to buy a batch of 5 more before returning the first 5? Or, I could buy 2 more but then only be able to return 2?
I'm a little fuzzy there....the issue *I think* is simply the order return paperwork form needing an original order # and a separate new purchase (replacement) order #. I'm sure it will work but may need to reach out to them to find out....can always just put a sticky note on the form in your box stating that you are returning them against the same order b/c it was multiples.

You can do partial returns on stuff like that. It can be more of a pain to keep track of on your end, but their system accommodates it.

Back