Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.

I think I am going to start taking "advantage" of this deal for oil changes.

My mom and I have a Bimmer and I do the oil changes one a year.

But for shipping costs, how big of a box and how much would you estimate the weight would be for 7 quarts of oil and a filter?
I've never heard of pirate ship, but I am looking at it know and I figured @TiGeo might have a rough estimation for the size/ weight of some of the boxes from FCP.

I would go Pentosin or Motul, but it is hard for me to analyze / justify costs without knowing how much shipping would be.

I don't think it is worth it for some items, like I am doing rear shocks in a few week, and they are almost 20 bucks cheaper on RockAuto, and some of the necessary bushings and what not are cheaper on there as well. It's not like I am going to be going through shocks often.

But what I was reading is the credit back was at original purchase price. So they could up the price tomorrow and you wouldn’t realize that benefit but then be stuck with the new pricing kind of thing.
Yep.

And presumably the oil you buy in the store could also get more expensive tomorrow, right? So either way you’re subject to the chance (certainty in the long run) of prices going up.

I think I am going to start taking "advantage" of this deal for oil changes.

My mom and I have a Bimmer and I do the oil changes one a year.

But for shipping costs, how big of a box and how much would you estimate the weight would be for 7 quarts of oil and a filter?
I've never heard of pirate ship, but I am looking at it know and I figured @TiGeo might have a rough estimation for the size/ weight of some of the boxes from FCP.

I would go Pentosin or Motul, but it is hard for me to analyze / justify costs without knowing how much shipping would be.

I don't think it is worth it for some items, like I am doing rear shocks in a few week, and they are almost 20 bucks cheaper on RockAuto, and some of the necessary bushings and what not are cheaper on there as well. It's not like I am going to be going through shocks often.

The other factor is that FCP Euro has free shipping on orders over $49 and Rock Auto seems to charge top price for shipping some items. I agree for some items it wouldn't make sense, but for things like brakes, wipers, spark plugs, oil, air and cabin filters it does.

I would go Pentosin or Motul
I use motul from FCP. Here are the last 4 oil returns I did. 15 lbs 1 oz. Shipping from MN to CT. Hope this helps! I have 3 BMWs so it is pretty easy to build up the credit.

15 x 11 x 6.5 ($19.75)
14.5 x 12 x 11 ($19.75)
12 x 12 x12 ($20.92)
16 x 16 x 9 ($21.79)

1000015969.jpg
1000015970.jpg
1000015971.jpg

^^^these are all returns that have oil kits in them but lots of other stuff. Without diving into it I suspect these refunds totalled $700.

Family member has an R32 Skyline with a GT-R powertrain. The "what oil?" conversation lasted about as long as it took to find Motul 300V on FCP Euro. We love the hilarious overkill of running a modern race-ready full-syn in an engine that originally called for a conventional 7.5W-30 from 25+ years ago, and we love that we can get that level of overkill without resorting to a viscosity grade any higher or more exotic than 5W-30.

I had half a mind to go for 300V with the Mazda5. Ended up going with something cheaper mainly because I didn't know what oil consumption would be like. I'm not mad because the oil I ended up going with is still probably better than what the engine was built for. But now that I know oil consumption isn't more than a quart between changes... Hmmm....

For a car you intend to own for a while and/or put a lot of miles on, it really is amazing how much these lifetime exchanges can change the calculus. Esoteric synthetic lubricants for the same price per change as dino oil on sale. OE wear items for the same price per change as "bargain" crap on Rock Auto. It's insane.

Yep.

And presumably the oil you buy in the store could also get more expensive tomorrow, right? So either way you’re subject to the chance (certainty in the long run) of prices going up.
Right but FCP tends to already charge a premium on things.

Right but FCP tends to already charge a premium on things.
I don't note that they charge anymore for parts than any other major outfit? Not the lowest cost that you may find surfing Ebay/Amazon/discount retailers either though but of course....you get a lifetime gaurantee!

Last edited:
My latest returns/refunds. Shipping was $8. Time for my next order!

View attachment 203117View attachment 203118View attachment 203119
So here are my replacement purchase prices for these items (starting at top to make it easy):

$6.69 (I MADE $0.30!!!) :)
$23.95 (I MADE $1.32!!!) :)
$60.98 (OH MY GOD I LOST $2.60!!!) :cry:
$43.19 (I MADE $3.81!!!) :)
$16.29 (OH MY GOD I LOST $1.30!!!) :cry:
$10.19 (I MADE $0.22!!!) :)
$37.69 (OH MY GOD I LOST $7.80!!!) :cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad:(n)(n)(n)

Total: net loss/overall increase in price of $6.05 over the previous cost for this order (man..those Valeo wipers for my Sportwagen got expensive!). Based on this, not worth it.

Last edited:
So here are my replacement purchase prices for these items (starting at top to make it easy):

$6.69 (I MADE $0.30!!!) :)
$23.95 (I MADE $1.32!!!) :)
$60.98 (OH MY GOD I LOST $2.60!!!) :cry:
$43.19 (I MADE $3.81!!!) :)
$16.29 (OH MY GOD I LOST $1.30!!!) :cry:
$10.19 (I MADE $0.22!!!) :)
$37.69 (OH MY GOD I LOST $7.80!!!) :cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad:(n)(n)(n)

Total: net loss/overall increase in price of $6.05 over the previous cost for this order (man..those Valeo wipers for my Sportwagen got expensive!). Based on this, not worth it.
Thanks for the shipping prices. Mine are about the same. I guess the more you can ship back at a time, the better.

Man, those emojis made me laugh way too hard 😂

LL01 and LL04 are both approved. LL17FE+ is just some fuel efficient spec that’s more focused on fuel number then longevity. I’m not putting a 0w20 oil in my motor. I’d rather keep it a long time and keep it running well
Agree to disagree, did you check your manual?
First QS Euro does not have LL01 anymore https://www.quakerstate.com/en_us/p...oils/quaker-state-euro-synthetic.html#slide-3
Second LL01 is loaded with calcium (at least before API SP) which is good case for LSPI which destroys a DI engine.

and finally not that I care how others treat their cars, but you are not comparing apples to apples, you picked something cheap not approved and trying to justify it

at least I would agree with LL04 as for B58 just couple years ago, LL04 was approve spec for B-engines in Europe, if you searched on german shell or liqui moly

How long does it take for folks to get the store credit after your package was delivered to FCPEuro hub.

I found they are not rushing to give the credit. Last time it took 4-6 biz days. Now they got my package on Thursday, still waiting

Thanks for the shipping prices. Mine are about the same. I guess the more you can ship back at a time, the better.

Man, those emojis made me laugh way too hard 😂
Haha...bundling is key!

How long does it take for folks to get the store credit after your package was delivered to FCPEuro hub.

I found they are not rushing to give the credit. Last time it took 4-6 biz days. Now they got my package on Thursday, still waiting
A few days this time.

Agree to disagree, did you check your manual?
First QS Euro does not have LL01 anymore https://www.quakerstate.com/en_us/p...oils/quaker-state-euro-synthetic.html#slide-3
Second LL01 is loaded with calcium (at least before API SP) which is good case for LSPI which destroys a DI engine.

and finally not that I care how others treat their cars, but you are not comparing apples to apples, you picked something cheap not approved and trying to justify it

at least I would agree with LL04 as for B58 just couple years ago, LL04 was approve spec for B-engines in Europe, if you searched on german shell or liqui moly
Did you check the datasheets or past VOAs (for calcium)? The current datasheet, which is newer than the website that still lists SN Plus, shows it has LL-01. This oil is widely known to be almost if not the exact same oil as PP Euro which has LL-01. Second, this oil and PP Euro have both had low calcium since the SN+ days at least. Third, LL-01 after the updates is the same as LL-04 just full SAPS. BMW fills S58 with LL-01FE in the US. Finally, none of these BMW engines are prone to LSPI and BMW had been filling turbo GDI engines since N54 in 2006 with high calcium LL-01 oil with no LSPI issues. Even if there was an issue, the two most widely available LL-01 Euro oils, M1 0W-40 and PP Euro 5W-40, are both API SP now and have been for over a year.

LL01 and LL04 are both approved. LL17FE+ is just some fuel efficient spec that’s more focused on fuel number then longevity. I’m not putting a 0w20 oil in my motor. I’d rather keep it a long time and keep it running well
People keep forgetting LL01 and LL04 are approved alternatives for many BMW engines. You don't always have to use the FE versions, and most cases you probably shouldn't use the FE versions if a superior alternative is permitted. I'm not using LL01FE in my N63TU2

Last edited:
Lots of Euro TGDI cars running high CA oils without LSPI drama.

Did you check the datasheets or past VOAs (for calcium)? The current datasheet, which is newer than the website that still lists SN Plus, shows it has LL-01. This oil is widely known to be almost if not the exact same oil as PP Euro which has LL-01. Second, this oil and PP Euro have both had low calcium since the SN+ days at least. Third, LL-01 after the updates is the same as LL-04 just full SAPS. BMW fills S58 with LL-01FE in the US. Finally, none of these BMW engines are prone to LSPI and BMW had been filling turbo GDI engines since N54 in 2006 with high calcium LL-01 oil with no LSPI issues. Even if there was an issue, the two most widely available LL-01 Euro oils, M1 0W-40 and PP Euro 5W-40, are both API SP now and have been for over a year.

LL01 not equal to LL01FE, I said in the post earlier FE version are approved 17FE and 01FE. N engines has different architecture comparing to B-series. Yes there is UOA for SP LL01, still saw some high Ca 1440.
Lastly we can speculate and agree that QS Euro is the same as PP Euro, but we are not manufacturing it, so it would stay speculations and assamptions

The reason for my post was to get the approved oil based on the manual for almost free and less money than non-approved.
I would recommend it for people who are still have warranty or extended warranty - win -win

I dont believe that LL01FE is substantially worse than LL01, especially FE version for US market is produced by Castrol

Back