Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.

I noticed they're stocking a lot more aftermarket parts. They're even calling REIN as an OE supplier which I don't think is correct and some of their OE parts are made in China. Sad days at FCP Euro.
As mentioned above, Rein stuff I have ordered was just repackaged stuff from an OE supplier. I bought the Rein blower motor resister (final stage resistor) and it was just an ACM or Behr (I forget which) made in Germany.

Remember, many OE are making stuff in China. I bought a Behr expansion tank for my E39 540 and it was made in China...I kept getting low coolant warnings from it unless overfilled, replaced the sensor and no luck, just gave up bought a BMW one (also made by Behr) but presumably from Germany, no issues. Lots of complaints about the Chinese Behr ones on FCP Euro.

As mentioned above, Rein stuff I have ordered was just repackaged stuff from an OE supplier. I bought the Rein blower motor resister (final stage resistor) and it was just an ACM or Behr (I forget which) made in Germany.

Remember, many OE are making stuff in China. I bought a Behr expansion tank for my E39 540 and it was made in China...I kept getting low coolant warnings from it unless overfilled, replaced the sensor and no luck, just gave up bought a BMW one (also made by Behr) but presumably from Germany, no issues. Lots of complaints about the Chinese Behr ones on FCP Euro.
At least with FCP, if you get a bogus part/doens't work well/etc., so easy to return/exchange. No hassle in my experience.

One other FCP packaging story from the last year as I've noted...the QC has just not been there on many of my orders w/r to packaging. I ordered a new battery blanket for my Golf as I moved to a H6 battery for a period (back to H5 again..lighter!). They packed it on top of the packing so exposed (and pressed up against!) below the seam that you cut open. So...I cut the box open and sliced the blanket. I was able to exchange it for a new one but I did get into quite an online dispute with one of the CS folks about it b/c I had to pay to return ship it and thought I shouldn't as this was on them to pack it correctly. I showed them photos even a video but just couldn't win that one. The next one was packed correctly, in the middle with packing surrounding it.

Did the Rein part have the BMW emblem removed?

What's really annoying is when the OE is outsourcing to cheaper third parties since one of the big draws with FCP is to save customers money by offering the OE part over Genuine.

One of my favorite YT is M539 Restorations (@Sreten) and I believe he ordered Lemforder(ZF) control arms for an E39 Touring. One arm was made in Germany and the other was China. IIRC they looked slightly different as well. :rolleyes:

Did the Rein part have the BMW emblem removed?

What's really annoying is when the OE is outsourcing to cheaper third parties since one of the big draws with FCP is to save customers money by offering the OE part over Genuine.

One of my favorite YT is M539 Restorations (@Sreten) and I believe he ordered Lemforder(ZF) control arms for an E39 Touring. One arm was made in Germany and the other was China. IIRC they looked slightly different as well. :rolleyes:

Not that unexpected when E39 M5s are getting to be 20yr old cars.

Only so much production space for mid-size companies like Lemfoerder.

I recently replaced the front struts of my F30 340i and the Corteco top mounts had the embossed 'BMW' ground off with a dremel.

Also the factory originals didn't come from the factory (Munich) with the environmental sealing gasket for some reason.

Didn't seem to matter, I just cleaned up the area with some simple green and coated the bottom of the strut tower with some boeshield.

And ECS Tuning has entered the chat!

Obviously taking a cue from FCP Euro.

Capture3.JPG

ECS joining for parts is great, but they do exempt the single use items like fluids. So, no lifetime oil changes.

Does the FCP policy amount to, first purchase = lifetime supply or free 'replacement' every other oil change?
Apparently now they give you store credit, I don't really order anything from there since I don't have a Euro car so I hadn't seen anything about the policy change that happened last year.

Not anymore....store credit only.
Which still works very well for me and the parts/items/etc. I use all the time. This last go round the filters I ordered were cheaper than the original order, but they still gave me credit at the original prices with the returns. May be worth checking ECS for the things I need that FCP might not have though. Both excellent companies and VERY customer satisfaction oriented.

Which still works very well for me and the parts/items/etc. I use all the time. This last go round the filters I ordered were cheaper than the original order, but they still gave me credit at the original prices with the returns. May be worth checking ECS for the things I need that FCP might not have though. Both excellent companies and VERY customer satisfaction oriented.
Same. No issues with store credit.

Back