Free lifetime oil change. FCP Euro.

Pirateship.com dude. Try it. I shipped a 50 lb box of stuff back from VA and it was $30 via UPS.
As suspected, same results:
1690825131693.jpg

I think it can be a great deal for someone who lives very close to CT. But for us West Coasters, shipping 7 quarts of oil can cost:

View attachment 169951
FCP is opening a 150,000 sf distribution center in Phoenix this year. It will serve all West Coast customers with one to two day shipping. Returns will less expensive.

Which still works very well for me and the parts/items/etc. I use all the time. This last go round the filters I ordered were cheaper than the original order, but they still gave me credit at the original prices with the returns. May be worth checking ECS for the things I need that FCP might not have though. Both excellent companies and VERY customer satisfaction oriented.
ECS took back my sealed, unused parts from our older Tiguan that sat next to my desk at work for nearly a year. Full refund minus my shipping of course. They very much are!

With FCP doing only store credit now, it's basically every other oil change for free. You need to purchase new oil/filter then return the used oil/filter for credit. The next oil change will basically be free, but remember they give store credit on the original purchase price, not the current selling price. So it's not really free.......

With FCP doing only store credit now, it's basically every other oil change for free. You need to purchase new oil/filter then return the used oil/filter for credit. The next oil change will basically be free, but remember they give store credit on the original purchase price, not the current selling price. So it's not really free.......
It just takes 2 to have the credit built up to zero out the successive changes....same as before. Before, you still had to buy the first and the second before returning the first and getting a refund issued which you then use to buy the third for "free". You were still out 2 up front before the money started rolling in!

It just takes 2 to have the credit built up to zero out the successive changes....same as before. Before, you still had to buy the first and the second before returning the first and getting a refund issued which you then use to buy the third for "free". You were still out 2 up front before the money started rolling in!
Do you really have to buy two? Would they deny the credit on the single original purchase assuming that I'm sending them back something that didn't come from them? I'm thinking what if on oil change #2 I use product not from FCP and then send back FCP's product to them.

Do you really have to buy two? Would they deny the credit on the single original purchase assuming that I'm sending them back something that didn't come from them? I'm thinking what if on oil change #2 I use product not from FCP and then send back FCP's product to them.
Yes. You have to buy the replacement before they will refund/credit for the first that you send back...those order numbers are required on the form/they have a record. Again...no this isn't how the system works and you can't circumvent it.

Never really tried to send back any used oil to FCP. Didn't seem worth the hassle. I have, however, returned some rather expensive, used brake components. That was certainly worth it.

I cram as much brake fluid, wiper blades, cabin filters, engine air filters, and engine oil + filter in a USPS flat rate box and they give me back my $ each time.

I cram as much brake fluid, wiper blades, cabin filters, engine air filters, and engine oil + filter in a USPS flat rate box and they give me back my $ each time.
I've done the same but at $21 for a large flat rate, I can cram a lot more in a larger box here in VA and send it using Pirateship.com for less.

I can't fit a 5L jug of Liquimoly in a large USPS flat rate box unless perhaps I jam it in there, which goes against everything they say in their YouTube video on how to pack your used fluids. Also, I'm not confident I can ship that much used oil via USPS if I'm being honest with them. It's used, and possibly qualifies as hazmat. Unless you don't tell them, which I'm not going to do. I will ask my local postmaster next time I'm there and see what they say.

I can't fit a 5L jug of Liquimoly in a large USPS flat rate box unless perhaps I jam it in there, which goes against everything they say in their YouTube video on how to pack your used fluids. Also, I'm not confident I can ship that much used oil via USPS if I'm being honest with them. It's used, and possibly qualifies as hazmat. Unless you don't tell them, which I'm not going to do. I will ask my local postmaster next time I'm there and see what they say.
Used oil doesn't meet their definition of a haz material...flash point is too high. But...they will probably say it is. I ship with UPS.

I didn't have any issues with packing it...

Used oil doesn't meet their definition of a haz material...flash point is too high. But...they will probably say it is. I ship with UPS.

I didn't have any issues with packing it...

I understand that's what Blackstone tells everyone to say, yes. Flashpoint is the lowest temperature at which a chemical can vaporize to form an ignitable mixture in air. Regardless, you can easily light a rag or box soaked in oil.

In the video, he doesn't say *used* motor oil. Make sure to say used motor oil or you could be hit with some hefty fines. If that box is crushed because the mailer overpacked it, it will quickly fit the definition of hazmat.

Last but not least, PayPal did away with their free return shipping, which really eats into the margins when returning oil.

On a side note, I buy 2 jugs of 5L at a time, rather than the oil change kit, because it's a rip if you aren't going to do the lifetime return. It kind of throws the logistics of the return out of whack, as I have to wait a few oil changes to have enough oil to fill the second bottle.

All told, I might get $27 a year, minus cost of my time etc. Not really worth it when i got something like $500 back from them for pads and rotors. Well, actually I got a store credit, as FCP did away with the original Lifetime Guarantee (they were losing money).

My new solution is to switch to $24 x 2 5L jugs of Wallyworld Castrol Euro everytime they're offering $20 cash back. Problem solved.

Last edited:
The Motul 5L jug is a bit wide, but it will fit - just.

Lay it on its side in a zip tied plastic bag they give you and it works.

I had to use a separate medium USPS box for the air filters, but I did end up returning like $160 in merchandise.

Just tried it out and this happened.

Guess this complicates Step 4 of FCP's instructions: "Provide ample amount of packing material to avoid damage".

Attachments

• tempImagesKr7Ea.jpg
    tempImagesKr7Ea.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I understand that's what Blackstone tells everyone to say, yes. Flashpoint is the lowest temperature at which a chemical can vaporize to form an ignitable mixture in air. Regardless, you can easily light a rag or box soaked in oil.

In the video, he doesn't say *used* motor oil. Make sure to say used motor oil or you could be hit with some hefty fines. If that box is crushed because the mailer overpacked it, it will quickly fit the definition of hazmat.

Last but not least, PayPal did away with their free return shipping, which really eats into the margins when returning oil.

On a side note, I buy 2 jugs of 5L at a time, rather than the oil change kit, because it's a rip if you aren't going to do the lifetime return. It kind of throws the logistics of the return out of whack, as I have to wait a few oil changes to have enough oil to fill the second bottle.

All told, I might get $27 a year, minus cost of my time etc. Not really worth it when i got something like $500 back from them for pads and rotors. Well, actually I got a store credit, as FCP did away with the original Lifetime Guarantee (they were losing money).

My new solution is to switch to $24 x 2 5L jugs of Wallyworld Castrol Euro everytime they're offering $20 cash back. Problem solved.
He in the video is me.....

I've shipped oil back so many times I've lost count. A few through USPS but now mainly UPS as that's always the cheapest using pirateship.com. I tell them it's "auto parts". I've never had drama. Pack it correctly and there won't be a problem.

The key is bundle - I pack up $300 worth of stuff and pay $25 to ship it back from VA - it's a great deal. You are correct, oil change itself...verging on not worth it when you can get a QS 5W40 setup at Walmart for about $30 for my car.

I've so far have over $2K worth of refunds/returns to FCP for my fleet of VWs over the last 5 years. It's a great deal for me.

He in the video is me.....

I've shipped oil back so many times I've lost count. A few through USPS but now mainly UPS as that's always the cheapest using pirateship.com. I tell them it's "auto parts". I've never had drama. Pack it correctly and there won't be a problem.

The key is bundle - I pack up $300 worth of stuff and pay $25 to ship it back from VA - it's a great deal. You are correct, oil change itself...verging on not worth it when you can get a QS 5W40 setup at Walmart for about $30 for my car.

I've so far have over $2K worth of refunds/returns to FCP for my fleet of VWs over the last 5 years. It's a great deal for me.
Not doubting you can ship oil back, or anyone for that matter. I packed up my last jug just to see how this goes. One $40 jug of Liquimoly (not $47, because they don't give you back the inflation). $22.80 for the large flat rate box label. Not including my time and gas, I can expect a whopping $17.20 back in store credit...

Agreed that it's worth it for large ticket items.

Used motor oil does not fall on the list of prohibited items by the USPS.

Not doubting you can ship oil back, or anyone for that matter. I packed up my last jug just to see how this goes. One $40 jug of Liquimoly (not $47, because they don't give you back the inflation). $22.80 for the large flat rate box label. Not including my time and gas, I can expect a whopping $17.20 back in store credit...

Agreed that it's worth it for large ticket items.
Its worth it for wipers cabin filters oil changes brake fluid trans service kits etc. Did you check pirateship?

Back