Ford Focus: help me decide on oil choice

Good Afternoon folks. So, my 11’ Ford Focus 2.0 “duratech” I own. I had a 5 gal Paul of Miles Syn that I used some of. Donated rest to my friends shop. I have 0 or zero oil left in the stash. Helped out a friend of gf’s daughter today by doing oil change for her. Free also.

Debating on MS5K 5w20/30 or Rural King 5w20 Syn since it’s on sale for $19.99

Wal Mart is out of equation since the girlfriend got used oil last time she bought oil there.

Thank You in advance. Think I asked bout this while ago but things change and I’m on budget.

You live in a cold, temperate, or warm climate? Still a factor in optimum oil choice.

Those Mazda derived 2L's run on anything. I used 0W-20 (M1 AP) in the winter, and 5W-20/30 the rest of the year...

Anything that is API SP and you trust. I can see the issue with not trusting Walmart since you got that used oil there.

That's what I like about API SP, it's a big step forward over API SN, so it's all most people need now days. Not everyone has a brand new car under warranty, or high performance twin-turbo V8s etc. To me API SP 5W30 is the get anywhere oil, that can be used in most applications. For most people cars are just tools to live their life.

Thanks for helping all those people live their lives, by changing their oil for them, that's one less thing they have to worry about for a bit.

Anything that is API SP and you trust. I can see the issue with not trusting Walmart since you got that used oil there.

That's what I like about API SP, it's a big step forward over API SN, so it's all most people need now days. Not everyone has a brand new car under warranty, or high performance twin-turbo V8s etc. To me API SP 5W30 is the get anywhere oil, that can be used in most applications. For most people cars are just tools to live their life.

Thanks for helping all those people live their lives, by changing their oil for them, that's one less thing they have to worry about for a bit.

To be honest I need to stop hoarding some stuff. The shop was so happy to get the Providence 10w30 all fleet SP oil. Decided on Providence brand 5w20 sun at $19.99

Think they still had few XG 3614’s wire backed. Forgot to take pics

Back