For the first time I am pouring Mobil 1 into my engine

I like the M1 EP 10W-30.

What's the M1 EP 5W-30 Noack?
Not published but for $220.00 Savant Labs will test it for you. 😁

What's with most oil companies hiding Noack numbers these days? Is that how they sneak in inferior oil? :ROFLMAO:

When I joined bitog ~7 years ago, Noack numbers were everywhere. 🏁
Now We get some meaningless less than %x!

We'll have to ask @OVERKILL
His basement is full of classified documents and has access to secret info and doesn't charge us $220 lol

Not published but for $220.00 Savant Labs will test it for you. 😁

When I first started with the Ecoboost engine in 2018 I noticed the Mobil 1 5W30 UOAs not coming back as I liked. In fact most oils were really sheared to 5W20 in the Ecoboost. So I went to Mobil Delvac 5W40 ESP and it worked great in the Ecoboost. Gas prices started rising and API SP came out so I then started using the off the shelf Walmart API SP oils versus getting a batch of Delvac from Summit Racing. The results were much better then in 2018 with API SN oils. So now Im trying to decide which one is best for the Ecoboost. Just finished with Quaker State Ultimate Protection 5W30.

I know my Ecoboost and its ability to shear/dilute the oil. So I just do 3000 mile changes and do it in my driveway. I cant imagine what the oil would be at 10k miles. Sheared and diluted...

If you really looking for a "Heavy Duty" oil for your gas engine Delvac cannot be beat. Maybe you got a 250+/2500+ pickup you really put to work and tow a lot. Delvac will work. There is a Quaker State Euro 5W40 API SP if you want to go thicker.
Is all this dilution and shearing the reason I get so much oil in the PVC catch can I added? Currently running Kirkland 5W-30 on 5k intervals, in a 2017 Transit with 3.5 ecoboost.

Is all this dilution and shearing the reason I get so much oil in the PVC catch can I added? Currently running Kirkland 5W-30 on 5k intervals, in a 2017 Transit with 3.5 ecoboost.
I cant speak for the Ford Transit. The Ecoboost in the 2017 and today is a lower power last generation model. My Ecoboost is a high output 2nd generation model.

Ford knows people who drive vans are not looking for performance, but durability so they put in the more developed last generation engine and lower the power. Catch cans are simply a good idea in direct injected engines.

The Kirkland API SP oil should be the same.as SuperTech Full Synthetic which can be found for $45 in the 12 quart box at Walmart. The Blackstone tests I performed demonstrated that oil to be not much different results wise compared to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum which seems to be the gold standard on this website.

Screenshot_20230604_043529_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20230604_043432_Drive.jpg

We "actually" never saw you pour it IN the engine. Just a pick of you holding the bottle.
I say false advertising here eh...😑

I know there are die hard fans for Mobil 1 and they have their reasons. I thought I might be open minded and finally pour it into the engine to see how it stacks against Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. I found in Walmart the "Extended Peformance" version with the almighty triple action plus formula. Surely oil tests will be forthcoming!

View attachment 158922
Nothing wrong with that as long as you leave the drain plug off. 😳

Back