Flannel-Lined jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy my jeans at Rural King. As for flannel lined I have no idea on the fitment I like regular jeans they do sell odd sizes though like 33,35,37,39 etc in their jeans and $9.99 a pair so not too bad they do have flannel lined ones as well there.

Bought a pair when we went to Lambeau Field for a Packers-Bears game years ago. They were a bit snug vs a regular 36” jean but sure were nice to have sitting on aluminum bleachers below freezing. I probably got them at Farm and Fleet in Green Bay, can’t remember the brand.

I’d just order both sizes and return one.

IMO, you don't buy flannel jeans and expect to have the derriere of a fashion model. You buy them to keep warm. If they are just a little bit loose on your legs or butt, they will stay warmer. I seldom wear them, but there's been some days when it's been below 0° outside with a strong wind and they feel pretty good. My wife is more of a brand name buyer and she's purchased one or two pair from Cabelas for me. I'm more of a generic guy and have purchased a pair from Menards.

Carhartt makes flannel-lined jeans. I've had several pairs of Carhartt pants, which hold up very well. Never got the flannel-lined jeans, but I would guess that they're made well, too.

It has been many years since I bought them, but I still have many pairs of them, seldom use them. They do feel heavy when you are indoors with them, but when it is really cold outside they are nice to have.

Reactions: JC1
It’s been ages since I had a need for those but these days I prefer a good set of polypropylene underwear instead of flannel lining.

I actually have some Long John's on right now and am seriously considering wearing them under my regular pants to work tomorrow.

I love my flannel lined khakis and jeans from LL Bean. Particularly the ones with the stretchable waist. I wear them all winter.

I prefer under-armour with regular jeans. More flexible. Flannel lined pants shrink in weird places.

I’ve got ski pants. Great for skiing, but they make noise when just walking around or wearing them daily. Depending on the style (mine are GoreTex and thin) they may not offer much insulation and they aren’t really designed for kneeling or other daily activities...

Lined cotton pants (I’ve got khakis and jeans, from when I lived in the cold) are convenient to slip on, quite warm, and stand up to daily activity, like sitting, driving, kneeling, or working.

Eddie Bauer makes lined pants, too. I would have to look and see if that includes jeans , but I’ve got a set of their fleece lined khakis that are very warm, very comfortable , and have held up well.

A short story; many moons ago while I was stationed onboard a Coast Guard cutter in Alaska the Captain had made the order to go to a warehouse and look for any winter clothing. The current USCG issue was pitiful. Inside we found boxes of old Navy coveralls. They were a thick type material on the outside and lined with wool in the inside. They also had a layer of plastic sheeting in between which made them noisy. They looked better than what we had so we took them all.

On our next patrol we realized why they were in the warehouse. In the cold weather the wet outer layer would freeze up. Inside, it was like taking a shower as your body moisture got trapped by that plastic. They were quickly discarded.

I have always wondered what was the original purpose of those coveralls.

Flannel-lined pants, or fleece-lined pants, may not make a lot of sense if you're in Southern Louisiana, or even in relatively mild D.C..

But when it's -20 outside, they sure are nice.

Just do it the old fashioned way and take them to the change room. :)
I want to say they came from LL Bean … but had a couple pair where the inner liner (flannel) was too loose and would bunch up. By comparison some of the newer high tech long underwear actually got where even the thinner versions were amazing … slip and slide with pants.

Does anyone have a recommendation On a good flannel-lined jean? my waist size is about 37". Which means regular 36" jeans are almost too tight (Its what I wear daily now, though since jeans are 2" standards), but if I go 38" , they are usually loose in the waist, and I look like I pooped my pants. If I go with 36", the flannel liner will make it a 35". Should I go with a 38" and hope its sized down? and what brand?

That is the EXACT same issue I've got! I'm smiing because I am now not as much of an anomoly!

My mum bought me a pair in college in 1990 from LL Bean that I grew waist size out of 5 years ago . I found them too warm but they did get me threw a time square ball drop in 1993 low temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back