Jeans: what brand and style do you wear?

I haven't bought jeans in a while, Levi completely screwed up the numbering of all their slim fit jeans several years ago, but my favorites where the slim taper leg jeans that sit at the waist, I don't remember what number they were or know what number they are now.

514s and 511s were the slim/skinny ones I used to wear. I went to Macy’s Friday (store closing sale) and they were $70!!

When I wear jeans on a project, I like the Wrangler Workwear as they seem to use a thicker grade of Denim like my old Levis in the 60's. There may be others that would compare, but many that I've seen in recent years are thin and don't hold up as well.

I've almost always bought jeans during buy one get one sales or at Goodwill. I've got a few pairs of Levi 517 and few pairs of Arizona boot cut currently. In the past I really liked Lee Dungaree relaxed boot cut, really comfortable but kinda thin and not long lasting.

When I wear jeans, Levi’s 501. Same size since college. But I haven’t bought any in years, as they moved production to various countries, cheapened the product, with thinner materials. They are junk. For $80 a pair, MSRP, they’re a horrible value.

I’ve got enough old pairs of 501s to last forever.

Sorry, Levi’s, you’re no longer an American company, and your corporate values of cheap production, high consumer price, and focus on fashion over quality simply don’t appeal to me. Pure profit and marketing instead of quality manufacture. Such a shame.

Lately, for the same purpose, Filson dry tin cloth pants. Comfortable, durable, quality materials. Filson is a company I can support.

I remember Levi’s had a big manufacturing facility in San Antonio about 30 years ago when I was living there.

I agree Levi’s are not worth the money.

Back