Comfortable and functional pants for men

I like to dress nicely however, there is nothing as comfortable and useful as khakis and cargo pants & shorts. Just as important is what we do or don't wear underneath. And I'm not being a smarty pants(PUN intended). :LOL:
"Oh no, don't you see what's going on here. Only thing between him and us is a thin layer of gaberdine". Jerry Seinfeld to Elaine telling her Kramer isn't wearing jocky or boxer shorts.

Duluth is great but need tried on.. I have their ultimate firehose flex cargo.. great for winter.
I wear some of the dry on the fly cargo year round
My current favorite is the max cool cargo at duluth. they are also around 70% cotton if that matters.
I would have preferred relaxed fit but the standard fit is good and was clearance.
tac 5.11 cargo
Riggs workwear cargo good pockets and fit.. stiffer and heavier than some.(this is a vf brand like lee and wrangler)
LEE has some cargo much better than old navy but not as good as above.

Columbia Cargo pockets too shallow .. extremely lightweight almost like wearing shorts for hottest weather-- looks semi goofy like scrub pants.

Most comfortable by far is the duluth dry on the fly. They are odd size though come with a XL type size vs normal mens pants.

I have had all for years and they all hold up much better than dickies or regular slacks type pants.

The duluth pants have been washed at least 70x and are almost like new.

I have yet to wear any of these out. Previously I'd go through about 4pair of dickies, old navy, or haggar a year.

size 36 at 250/5'10" seems abit odd I'm 36/38 waist and 6'2" 195-200 but I have scars from 3 surgeries around the beltline so I like loose waist.

Last edited:
Scottevest has $130 cargo pants with no less than eight (8) pockets, looks like comfort and functionality. I have no experience with them, only saw a commercial and checked out the site. I would be bound to not check one or more pocket and into the wash they go!

Is it just me or is finding comfortable pants that are also functional about impossible? Seems like jeans never fit right. Is their anything as comfortable as slacks with the functionality of a pair of jeans or cargo pants? I carry a wallet, pocket clip leatherman multi tool and keys. I always wear a belt yet I can’t seem to find something light enough to be free moving and yet durable enough to wear daily and not walk right through them in short order. Jeans usually don’t fit on my waist well and slowly want to slide down or knee movement is restricted. At least that’s the issue I have with wranglers, Levi’s just fit to small. I’m 5’10 250lbs so I’m heavier set. I’m usually a 36in waist. Do you have the same issues? Have you found a nice alternative? Budget friendly is also appreciated but I’d also pay more for something that is truly a nice fit.
I have found that cargo pants work best. 210#, 5'10.75", 24-25" quads. Pants that fit my waist often do not allow full ROM due to legs. Currently I'm rolling a bit chonky with a 34 waist, but usually am at 30-32. Thanks 'Rona, but at 30-32, it's REAL fun finding pants

Back