Finally, the best oil additive in the whole world

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're using a lubricity tester and ALL of the lubrication companies use them.. what more is there to say?

Does this mean I need to take my L3800 crankshaft out and rotate said journals at some speed while pouring this magic oil over it,,,lmaorof wow, now thats a weekend project.

Doesn't shampoo pass this test too or something like that?

The product probably has EP additives in it. I'm sure any gear oil would pass this dumb test.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Doesn't shampoo pass this test too or something like that?

The product probably has EP additives in it. I'm sure any gear oil would pass this dumb test.

Yes .....head and shoulders.

Shampoo? Well, *some* kind of poo, that's for sure...
whistle.gif

Has anyone actually used this product or are we just bashing it because of its infomercial style advertisement? Looks a lot like Tufoil. Perhaps another Teflon oil additive?

Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter
Here's the MSDS. I'm not familiar enough with the ingredients to be able to say "here's what makes it tick" though http://www.bestlinelubricants.com/pdffolder/March2011/BestLine_MSDS2011_SyntheticEngineTreatment.pdf

The principal ingredient seems to be 1-decene, homopolyme, which is basically a 'base stock'. Here's a bit more information on 1-decene, homopolyme from a company that will sell it to you. The other significant ingredients are mineral spirits (aka paint thinner) and mineral oil. One other ingredient of note is synthetic calcium sulfonate - which seems to be primarily used as an EP additive and thickener. Note that Bestline is quite vague about the percentages of each ingredient. The last ingredient of note is chloronated paraffin.

Here's a rather humorous discussion of the Bestline product on a handgun forum. They point out that this product was previously marketed as XLR-8 Engine Treatment. The "miracle ingredient" seems to be the chloronated paraffin - everything else is pretty much base stock, thickeners, etc. The problem with chloronated paraffin is it's propensity to turn to acid and cause corrosion. It is unclear if or how Bestline has solved this issue. A short Youtube video, no matter how impressive, is not likely to deal with acidity or corrosive issues inside your engine.

If you really, really like this stuff, you had better run out and buy a bunch, because a global ban on chloronated paraffins is being considered under the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.

We've all missed it.

Bestline is the only Patented Engine Treatment on the Market!
You have their word on it. That must mean that it's the best oil additive without a doubt. There's no need for details, facts or specifications. We can trust them, can't we.

Bestline's patiented product leaves no doubt....

A genuine expert like Travis Cope shows us the way. What more do you need. jk_636 is worried that we're bashing this product when if fact we're listening to the experts like Travis and praising it and hoping it receives the type of praise it deserves.

Severely Hydro Treated Base Oil 72623-86-0 - C15-C30 GroupII Base oil

Aliphatics (Mineral Spirits) 64742-96-7 - Naphtha Solvents

1-decene, homopolymer, hydrogenated 68037-01-4 4.0 cSt PAO

Saturated Hydrocarbon/cycloparaffins 8008-20-6 - Deodorized Kerosene

Fluorocarbon resin 9002-84-0 = PTFE (Teflon)

Synthetic calcium sulfonates 9084-06-4 - Detergent for engine oils

Last edited:
Quote:
Severely Hydro Treated Base Oil 72623-86-0 - C15-C30 GroupII Base oil

Should say:

Quote:
Severely Hydro Treated Base Oil 72623-86-0 - C15-C30 GroupIII Base oil

Looks to me like just another OTC oil additive with GroupIII base oil, PAO, Teflon, solvents, and deodorized kerosene.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back