Filled up @ WAWA for $2.64gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas is dropping significantly where I live in MD. 30 miles from here it's still almost 3 bucks a gallon. You guys seeing any changes?

Yeah, Its a huge chain around here now. Pretty decent quick shop type store. Also sell a crapload of coffee. And most of 'em have over a dozen or so pumps. Great place to get a snack and fill 'er up at the same time.

Funny thing around here - There is a town near me where the price of gas hasn't changed at all in about 3 months. It's been steady at $2.86, even during the recent spikes in every surrounding town.

I expect prices to start coming down everywhere within the week. NYMEX Gasoline futures were trading today at $1.93/gallon, so I don't see why we should be paying more than $2.60/gallon at the pump, if that. When prices are steady, you can usually add 65-70 cents to the NYMEX futures price, & that will give you the pump price. I'm not sure what the formula was when gas was $1.50/gallon, though. I didn't really care then.

Wawa here likes to play games with the prices. They used to be cheapest when they first opened, but now right up there w/everyone else. We just got a new Sheetz and their price is now 2.77.

I'd rather put the tiger in the tank, but WAWA and SHEETZ will do.
grin.gif

They probably keep prices low to attract traffic inside the store where they make more profits selling....Coffee, soda, cold beer, ice, snacks, food, sandwiches, cigarettes, lotto tickets....etc.

Lets not forget about the quart of Dino oil for $2.99
wink.gif

Not trying to threadjack, but it is amazing what some people spend on lotto tickets. I hate going into the gas station and getting stuck in line behind the "lotto people". They're at the counter for 5 minutes redeeming tickets and spending 40 dollars on new tickets. "Ill take three of these, and two of those, and, OOH, five of those"

Buying a few tickets here and there is allright, but some of these people have serious issues to be spending like 40 bucks on scratch-offs.

No offense to any seniors here ..but the local beer distributor is the lotto machine place of choice for seniors to have literally 1/2 hour long lotto choices. They get done with the pre-filled (sorta) punch cards for their favorite Powerball (and other) selections ...then after the machine stops puking out tickets (sometimes it carries on a good bit after you stop putting the sheets in) ..then they pull out a note pad for the daily number. "Give me 827 straight ..905 boxed ...

Meanwhile I'm 3rd in line (behind another senior = equally armed with choices) and all I want to do is (maybe) get a few scratch offs or a quickpick for the Powerball to surpise the wife.

I used to actually stand there for 20 minutes to do this. Now I just don't surprise the wife this way. She really did get a kick out of the scratch off ticket when they paid out.
dunno.gif

scratch offs are a cancer, but people will buy $40 of scratch offs, win $5 then whine about gas being $3 a gallon - I haven't bought ANYTHING other than gas from a gas station in well over a year, I refuse to. Even water.

AcuraTech,

I saw on TV a lady that won $50,000 on an instant scratch off ticket.....and she spend all the money buying 50,000 more tickets.... hoping that she would be lucky and get a few more winning $50K tickets.
confused.gif

I hate when all I need is to buy gas and there is an older person with a BIG stack of tickets and they want the clerk to scan all the tickets to see if they won anything.

Gary,
When my kids are hungry & thirsty, I have no choice but to spend $10 buying food and drinks.
grin.gif

WAWA gas is not bad. Their coffee is pretty good too. I usually have a cup and wander around the store, then use the bathroom and leave. Game over. They drove out the 2 other stations at the Pocono exit and then their prices went up past "normal" local price. Did I mention the coffee?
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by AcuraTech:
Buying a few tickets here and there is allright, but some of these people have serious issues to be spending like 40 bucks on scratch-offs.

The clinical term for it is 'gambling addiction.' But like other vices that the govt can tax (cigs, booze, prostitution in Nevada), they (we?) would rather have the money than have healthy citizens.

Well, drove by WAWA again today. 87octane is $2.60... I hope it starts doing this everywhere.

California, MD... way far down there in NASPAX town. I was on the eastern shore a couple of weeks ago and it was very cheap there, too.

Cheapest I saw in central MD today was 2.97.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back