Feds may seize parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Steve S
The satet is going broke you government is not shrinking the plush retirements are not being decreases .

I need a drink.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Steve S
The satet is going broke you government is not shrinking the plush retirements are not being decreases .

I need a drink.

LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
If the feds had custody of these services then the answer is 'definitely'.

You live in Mid West, do you feel happy about paying for roads and parks in California? Is that just?

I'm on the border NE and I don't have a clue why I pay for Florida's routine repair to their infrastructure since it's allegedly "vital to the nation's economy". OTOH, I can surely see why it's in my best interests to repair the refining capacity to the nation from a like event.

Originally Posted By: MarkC
I have yet to read Tempest's solution to this, or most of the other things he [censored] about.

Well, it's kinda like the dark side of The Force. First he gives you something to fear ..then ...you release your ANGER ..on your fellow citizen... in punitive subjugation via economics. It is kinda like choking people without having to touch them.

YOU NEED TO FEEL THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE.
darth-vader.jpg

I've been waiting for Tempest to post a park related post for such a long time. My dream finally comes true. Thanks Tempest.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
So you would rather see them closed?

Yes

Originally Posted By: Ron from Parks and Recreation Department

Ron: I've been quite open about this around the office: I don't want this parks department to build any parks because I don't believe in government. I think that all government is a waste of taxpayer money. My dream is to have the park system privatized and run entirely for profit by corporations, like Chuck E. Cheese. They have an impeccable business model. I would rather work for Chuck E. Cheese.

parks-recreation10.jpg

Last edited:
I have yet to read Tempest's solution to this, or most of the other things he [censored] about.

Let the parks close and don't spend the money. If the Feds come in and take the parks back, it's what the state gets for allowing themselves to become a ward of the Feds.

Panda, what the heck is your post about?

Have you ever watched the show "Parks and Recreational Department"? It was about government bureaucracy and has a manager of the department (Ron Swanson mentioned above) that loves to privatize government parks.

When I saw that character, it immediately remind me of you.

Oh, is anyone actually reading this article? The state agreed to take the parks and MONEY from the federal govt as long as they kept them open to the public. If California can't keep them open, end of deal. It's not like the Park Service is making a land grab. Heck, NPS has too much on its plate already. This situation pops up all the time when you're dealing with parks or historic properties. Civic organizations or local govts take on properties without fulling realizing the economic hardship such an obligation can bring.

Quote:
Have you ever watched the show "Parks and Recreational Department"?

Never even heard of it until now.

Quote:
Have you ever watched the show "Parks and Recreational Department"?

Never even heard of it until now.

You'd love it. Everything that you hate about government is in it. Even I love it.

Let the parks close and don't spend the money. If the Feds come in and take the parks back, it's what the state gets for allowing themselves to become a ward of the Feds.

But if the Feds come in and take the parks and the state(s) get what they have coming (according to you, at least), don't you think money is still going to be spent?

But if the Feds come in and take the parks and the state(s) get what they have coming (according to you, at least), don't you think money is still going to be spent?

As long as it is not HIS tax dollar (Federal dollar), he doesn't care.

It's beyond my control. The Fed's force money out of my pay check, and they are more than happy to give it to someone in Cali. That's kinda' the problem.

According to your own standards, this should make me care. Some people here are more than happy to pay for California's excesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back