ineligible noncitizens

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/01/01/national/a071314S89.DTL
Quote:
The federal government, which funds the lion's share of the nation's public housing, requires only that illegal immigrants share a home with at least one family member who is in the country legally and pay their share of the rent.

While there are no hard numbers on illegal immigrants in public housing, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development reports that 29,570 people — 0.4 percent of all those in federally funded housing — are "ineligible noncitizens." Some may be on temporary visas, such as highly educated workers or college students, but many are believed to be illegal immigrants.

The HUD tally does not offer a full picture of how many illegal immigrants are in public housing.

It doesn't include housing funded by state and local governments, where eligibility requirements vary. Massachusetts, where Obama's aunt occupied one of about 50,000 state-funded units, doesn't ask immigration status under a 1977 federal consent decree in a class-action lawsuit that prohibits the state from denying the benefit to illegal immigrants.

Quote:
New York City has about 260,000 people in line for housing aid. Chicago recently opened its waiting list for the first time in about 10 years and collected 259,000 names in four weeks for 40,000 slots.

Quote:
Illegal immigrants get free public education through high school and emergency medical care, but are denied many other services, like food stamps and broad Medicaid coverage.

Quote:
HUD declined to break down the number of ineligible noncitizens by city or state.

The New York City Housing Authority reports 2,471 families with at least one ineligible noncitizen, or 0.9 percent of the 289,000 households on vouchers or in housing developments.

The San Diego Housing Commission reports 658 of the 37,120 people on federal housing vouchers are ineligible noncitizens, or 1.8 percent. The San Francisco Housing Authority has 148 ineligible noncitizens among its 28,611 people in federal housing, or 0.5 percent.

Housing agencies in Miami-Dade County and Chicago each reported serving less than 50 ineligible noncitizens. The Boston Housing Authority reports 288 of its 45,100 families on federal housing assistance are ineligible noncitizens, or 0.6 percent.

Isn't this just great news??
mad.gif

Yeah but who's gonna drive our Taxi's, Operate our 7-11's manicure the lawns etc. They are a vital part of the economy. I still believe it's not fair though...
wink.gif

SteveC ..I don't think too many of our 7-11 employees or taxi drivers are illegals ..per se. Most overseas immigrants are here on diversity visas ..and all quite legally.

The great thing about legal immigration is that, for one or two generations at least, we tend to get the best (educated, socialized) members of those societies.

With illegal immigration you can be getting those who are escaping the much more harsh prison system for the relative ease of crime here.

I was being cheeky... It's these hardworking people that keep that part of the economy going... Some are illeagles because in my opinion the systems are too hard to immigrate to the country legally. My friend is Canadian and just married his wife 4 years ago who lives in the US and he's still sorting out paper work. Meanwhile he has been living in the US all the time. He couldn't even work up until 2 years ago. Yet you can get a license to drive a machine that can kill someone in about 1 afternoon. Problem? I think so...

My aunt keeps books and does payroll for over 100 small hispanic owned business in the bay area. Many of the employees are illegal and work under a stolen soc security #. Some whole neighorhoods are using the same soc security # !

Here's what happens. a new diswasher is hired and is obligated to provide a number to my Aunt for payroll. She is obligated to call soc sec and check on it, they say it's no good. She notifiys the employer who is obligated to tell the employees there is a problem and to fix it. Employee is notified and does nothing.

So what happens is my aunt does payroll and sends money off to the soc sec with the number provided. She and the owners have fulfilled their obligation. The big winner is the SOC SEC, who has a huge revenue source coming in that they will never have to pay back out to anyone, even the guy who's number is being used. The more illegals, the more they get, why the federal govt could care less about the problem (till an election year), it's a cash cow. It's the states that are the big losers, and the tax paying citizens of those states, paying for the programs the illegal use.

Last edited:
Government ignoring illegal activity to collect undeserved funds? Never happen...
Those in government are WAY too moral and upstanding to allow that to happen.
smirk2.gif

So, you oppose illegal immigration, Tempest? You want to purify government by kicking the low life leaches out and making employers pay American wages to American workers?

No free market upside to this illegal practice? Employers should be executed?

Quote:
No free market upside to this illegal practice? Employers should be executed?

Illegal immigrants send a good portion of their money to their home countries. It's the second largest part of the Mexican economy only eclipsed by oil.

In large part, they are here for the money...and that is all. Being a part of this is Country is at most secondary on their list. And they are more than happy to soak up our government resources for their gain.

Employers should be prosecuted for employing them.

Originally Posted By: ConfederateTyrant
D*** it Gary and Tempest, I'm trying to follow you two going back and forth and now it has gone into 3 threads to follow...carry on.

It's good to be entertaining.
grin2.gif

It was once stated that the goal for illegal immigrants was $50,000, which was an insane amount of money in Mexico. Since little of that is taxed, or thrown into the system, it destroys our economy. Though getting rid of our bulls*** tax system and bringing in a consumption tax would solve that.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
D*** it Gary and Tempest, I'm trying to follow you two going back and forth and now it has gone into 3 threads to follow...carry on.

grin2.gif

36.gif

grin2.gif

I guess it competes with WWE or RAW for the night's viewing
21.gif

Needs visuals ...
grin2.gif

Illegal immigrants send a good portion of their money to their home countries. It's the second largest part of the Mexican economy only eclipsed by oil...

Sounds like cheaper foreign aid then sending tanks and the military over!
LOL.gif

No One dies, just really clean toilets, well staffed 7-11's and very nice lawns...
crackmeup2.gif

Just kidding!

I was living in an agriculture community (Wenatchee WA) back when Ronald Reagan had all the hispanics marched into the high school auditoium and be sworn in as citizens. (a political payback for california farm support during his election). I'll ttel you, those new citizens partied and drove around town for 2 days honking horns etc, they WERE glad to be Americans. what happened though is they no longer wanted to farm work, they wanted a piece of the pie. And because of hiring quotas they got those jobs that americans usually competed for. I know, because I was facing layoff because of other Reagan imposed policys and was job hunting. Every county, city, govt, utility, or big company that didn't have their quotas met were picking up mexicans right and left. My point is, if want them to do the lower paying jobs that americans are to lazy to do, you best let them remain illegal.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Shouldn't the free market dictate who can and cannot enter a country?

Might work if the free market determined who got the benefits from tax dollars.

StevieC makes a great point. If politicians truly listened to the people then you wouldn't see any bailouts, you'd see more oil exploration, but unfortunately you'd see wealth envy people get hard working people's money.

GOV's are supposed to represent the majority of the peoples interest. Last I checked they all make the promises for supporting peoples interests then look after their own interests... I'm gonna stop talking politics now because we aren't supposed to on this board and I don't want to get banned for it.
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back