Favorite gun, owned or want to own

burbguy82

$100 site donor 2024
Interested in everyone thoughts here, are most of you gucci $5000 1911 owners, or Glock guys? AR / AK, mossberg vs remington vs whatever.

I'm always looking at those Beautiful High Points for $179 at the gun shows. :p

I actually DID buy one some years ago. After falling off my boat and having a $1000 gun in my holster.
At least if the High Point sunk to the bottom, I would not be out much.

Man does it feel good in the hands. Feels like trying to shoot a cordless drill!;)

One of my cousin's muzzle loaders.
Are you into muzzleloading? A friend of mine has developed and extensively tested some smokeless loads for muzzleoading, and sells the data on ebay. He has built some 1 MOA muzzleloaders that shot a 245 grain bullet at 3500 fps, they are killer. Let me know I could hook you up with him.

my favorite gun is my Winchester Model 70 super grade 264 win mag. i learned about this caliber in the eighties by my father youngest brother who lived in Chibougamau and still live there. he was and is still an avid Moose hunter. and he always liked rare and potent small and medium calibers. he also introduced me to my second favorite caliber, the 6.5×55mm Swedish.

HK Mk23 is a goal. HK USP Compact .45ACP (irony if I’ve ever seen it) is a tolerable stand-in for the time being, especially when loaded up with oversized HK45 magazines for extra capacity. It will send a full magazine of Federal Guard Dogs into a silver dollar-sized hole at 25’, not too shabby IMO.

Somehow, both manufacturers that I trust and enjoy, HK & SIG SAUER, have determined that if you’re not spraining your thumbs every time you load one of their magazines, by God, they need more spring pressure! 🤬

My next rifle is probably going to be a Browning SA-22, but I would really like it in a grade VI. They are gorgeous. But hard to justify.
The next choice would be a Browning (FN) Trombone .22LR pump. It is such a beautiful gun. But a clean one is not cheap. And the longer I look at them, the more expensive they get.

Back