Engine Oil Recommendation 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 3.5L V6

FB2021

I have a 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 3.5L V6 4x4 with 28000 miles. I drive 80% highway and 20% in town or country roads. What do you guys recommend for 10K oil change intervals?

I have a 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 3.5L V6 4x4 with 28000 miles. I drive 80% highway and 20% in town or country roads. What do you guys recommend for 10K oil change intervals?
I recommend 5k intervals. Any synthetic (even value-priced ones) would work well for long life of your engine.

I recommend any API SP or GF-6a 0w30 or 5w30. These engines do sometimes have a bit of fuel dilution and the 30 weight gives a bit more cushion.

I run HPL P+ 0w30 in mine.

IMG_2563.jpeg

Really doesn’t matter much. I have run many intervals using kirkland 5w30 and M1 0w40.
You are in luck,besides oil, oil and air and cabin filters I have only replaced the plugs, coolant, brake fluid transmission fluid, power steering fluid xfer case and differentials and am 3/4 through my second set of tires( have 45 k on a set of general at2s) brakes are still good so driving style contributes, No unexpected repairs. 2018 with 85,6xx miles.

What interval do you change the oil?
5k-7k depending on how I use the truck. This is the same with all my Toyotas. My LC doesn’t get driven much about 2k a year and I’m changing that oil every year before I let it sit for 3 months in the winter.

For you I would run Mobil 1 ep 5w30 or whichever synthetic you like but I would favor on the 5w30 side, especially if you are planning on hauling or towing anything with it, I would run 5k and get the oil tested to see where you are at with your driving style and see if you could go longer and do that.

I had mine checked on my previous 4 runners at 5k and I pushed those out to 7k or so because I had a lot of oil life left, but I will change it earlier 5k if I towed with a lot or was feeling like I was running it harder.

Everyone is different, that’s why I would just test it at 5k and then you will no how long to go and you can adjust from that dependent on how you are using it.

Back