Engine break in.

If you do the work yourself, I say go for it. If you have the shop does it, wait until 2k miles as they would do change it but would charge you for it. By the way, Costco oil is made my Warren and is half the cost of most synthetic and is good for under 10k of normal non-city driving.

I changed my 02 Accord V6 at 1k mile with Mobil 1 and used that for the first 200k miles under 10k OCI. The car looks rough from various dings and accidents but the engine runs fine. I also changed the ATF out at 10k and 30k OCI afterward.

The one flaw of Honda V6 is that they use timing belt instesd of chain. I have that job coming up and it will cost a lot more than the car.

F/U to his last video.

Interesting information. However, it bothers me that he, like so many people, says "Science" proves his point(s). Instead, the Data provided in the manner offered supports his thesis....but that's not the definition of Science. Science is a continually self-correcting approach referring to attempts to more completely understand and/or gain knowledge of a subject. Done rigorously, following the scientific method yields knowledge but doesn't claim to be wholly correct...although certainly not wholly incorrect. The misunderstanding of what following the process actually means is one of the reasons for the very common statement of "Science doesn't know everything", which too often yields the false conclusion of "Science doesn't know anything", which is what ignorant people too often settle upon as "the Truth", because they are then free to hold their biases as being True. Again, interesting data and thesis...but, that's not actually the definition of "Science".

Interesting information. However, it bothers me that he, like so many people, says "Science" proves his point(s). Instead, the Data provided in the manner offered supports his thesis....but that's not the definition of Science. Science is a continually self-correcting approach referring to attempts to more completely understand and/or gain knowledge of a subject. Done rigorously, following the scientific method yields knowledge but doesn't claim to be wholly correct...although certainly not wholly incorrect. The misunderstanding of what following the process actually means is one of the reasons for the very common statement of "Science doesn't know everything", which too often yields the false conclusion of "Science doesn't know anything", which is what ignorant people too often settle upon as "the Truth", because they are then free to hold their biases as being True. Again, interesting data and thesis...but, that's not actually the definition of "Science".
Welp! Science proved it - pack it up and let’s go home. Nothing more to see here folks.

kia told my father to come in at 5k for an inspection and tire rotation, told him see you at 10k for the oil change. o_O
The words coming from the mouths of HyunKia Inc and their Associates at dealerships must only be taken be taken with a grain of salt.

Signed
Well over a million premature engine failure owners in a nine year period.

Tells me
The oil in there is doing its job. Take a gander at used diesel engine oil. You’ll be shocked 💀☠️🙈

Two totally different animals. If your gas engine oil looks like diesel oil, then the insides are probably not clean.
Also, if you do the egr delete in a diesel engine, the oil will darken normally like in a gas engine.

So I changed the oil at 500 miles. Currently have 1500 on the oil change. Now that the motor has 2,000 on it would it be good to do one more change to get any residual break in out then go to a 4 to 5k OCI thereafter?

So I changed the oil at 500 miles. Currently have 1500 on the oil change. Now that the motor has 2,000 on it would it be good to do one more change to get any residual break in out then go to a 4 to 5k OCI thereafter?
Absolutely!

Then do another few more post, break in-break in oil changes at 5K, 7.5K and 10K. And do not forgot about the very important post-post, break in-break in oil changes at 12.5K, 15K, 17.5K and 20K. Give us an update after that and we’ll discuss the pre-normal, post-post, break in-break in oil changes coming next. Oil is cheap insurance y’all.

Changed it at 2k. Oil wasn't too bad. Did have a little fuel smell but, not overpowering in any way. Gonna run to 4k and get a UOA done to see where I stand.

Back