Dw-1 with lubeguard red?

Hey all,

got a CRV and it had a very very slight shudder that will show up once in 1 or 2 days of 100-mile mixed driving. I plan to do 3 drain/fills. Figured I’d chuck a bottle of lube guard red in the last fill, as I’d done that with crazy high mileage u150e/t-iv with good results.

you all have good input, so figured I’d ask ;)

I used Lubegard in my old RAV4 tranny. Nothing bad happened and the tranny lasted a long time with very little maintenance. My understanding is that Lubegard helped by keeping temperatures lower so don't know if that will help a shudder but I'd try it.

1 ounce per system quart is the dosage.
They claim it's an advanced lube for servo pistons and bores.
It improved the shifting in 2 Volvo V70's (AW 55-50 trans.).

However, a guy on a Chrysler minivan site claimed it isn't at all necessary or effective in systems using synthetic fluid.
I do not know.

If it's anything like my Ody, new ATF (whether DW1 or a compatible synthetic) will solve the shifting issues and will behave normally again. I have not tried LG red with DW1 but have heard that people are happy with it.

I have an 07 pilot. Why not do the cooler line flush? I got 3 gallons of maxlife and it took about 10 quarts to have all fresh fluid coming out. Shifts great. I also added some lubegard red afterward but really didn’t notice a difference compared to plain maxlife. Still looks and smells nice.

My experience with lubeguard... dont start with a full dose. Add just a fraction and drive it a bit. Add more if you want. It can make a big difference and its easier to put a couple of ounces in than pull 6 quarts out if you don't like what its doing.

by changing the fluid first, youre doing it right.

I would do 3x D&F with maxlife ATF, adding the full lubeguard amount at the end.

On one vehicle the fluid was still "dirty after" 3X D&F, it took 4 changed to make the fluid nice and RED.

Then on your next oil changes do the D&F with DW-1 and lube guard if you are worried about the chemistry.

Currently also have a friends pilot that I maintain that currently has the maxlife and the lubeguard, after the 3X D&F, it has much crisper shifts.

I do a D&F every other oil change on the Hondas. They are so easy to do and cheap insurance.

Might jump in anyone tried lubegard platinum with Pentosin ATF 1
yes. With a Aisin 6-speed transmission in my VW. Though I did it at 50,000 miles, so I can't really comment with improvements or not, as it was a preventative measure, instead of relying on the lubegard to fix something.

Hey all,

got a CRV and it had a very very slight shudder that will show up once in 1 or 2 days of 100-mile mixed driving. I plan to do 3 drain/fills. Figured I’d chuck a bottle of lube guard red in the last fill, as I’d done that with crazy high mileage u150e/t-iv with good results.

you all have good input, so figured I’d ask ;)
Absolutely do that lubeguard will only help and protect that tranny

Back