My experience with Honda AT5 Transmission

Hello folks,
I wanted to share my experience with Honda AT5 Transmission in my 2014 CRV LX AWD.
Back in 2019 I bought it used with 50k miles on it. A few month after I bought it, it started to shudder at 35-40 mph. Back then I was not much into fixing my car, so, it took me about 4 years to figure it out and finally fix it this year 2023.
What I did was based on many youtube comments that I saw over the past few years. The fix was:
1. 3x drain and refill with 50-50 mix of DW1 and Amsoil ATF (fuel efficient signature). This fixed the shudder problem right away. But was giving me some hard shifts.
2. added 8oz of hot shot secret shift restore. This did the final miracle and now shifts are smooth

I also learned that the dealer probably had put shudder-fixx or lube-guard in it when I tested the car because I never noticed the problem in the first few months. Just wanted to share the experience with anyone who might have the same issue.

I recommend a transmission service on a '14 CR-V (75k miles) a few years ago due to a shudder, driver had no clue :ROFLMAO: .
3x D&F with MaxLife ATF and problem solved. No additives required.

Back