Don't people get tired of panic buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I've got water in my gas. Filled up two days ago from a nearly empty station, and now the truck is hard to start. I suspect the tanks were so low that the gas was really diluted. [censored] panic buyers! Not only have they caused a major disruption in the supply, but the quality of the little bit of remaining gas sucks.

Took my wife to her doctor appointment yesterday. Found 2 Shell stations open. On the way back I stopped at the first and filled 3 5 gal. cans @4.19. No lines but half the pumps were out. At the 2nd. I filled the van @3.99. That was the first time I had driven the van in over 3 weeks. Total cost was over $150....

1 can of gas is for the mower. The lawn hasn't been mowed in over a month and is nearly knee high in places. Told my son to mow the grass and he can have the gas left in the can. The other 2 cans are to top up the GC so we can go to Raleigh Sat. to visit #3 son. With careful driving, I can do the round trip without gassing up. When we get back, the GC is going to be empty, so hope we find some gas along the way, otherwise my wife will have to drive my van to work for a few days. Think we have it covered for a few days........

All my local stations are still out........

Things slowly returning to pre-Ike conditions here in North AL. Most stations have a steady supply of 87 octane. 89 & 93 is available at most of the big-name stations. Independent stores seem to be carrying only 87 for the time being. Prices for 87 range from $3.55 to $3.99.

Nashville has plenty of gas now.
grin2.gif

I put 12 gallons in my sunfire yesterday at $3.75/gallon

Last edited:
Local stations are still out. Wife was able to topup the GC Thursday near UNCC. Trip to Raleigh was uneventful.

The farther East I got the more gas was available. Gas situation in Raleigh was nearly normal with an occasional outage of premium.

Gassed the GC about half way back @3.75/gal. Best price I've seen in weeks.

Wife's GC is good for 2 weeks, my van is good for 4-5 weeks, #1 son is on his own...

This is just crazy. We didn't have near the outages in 05 after Katrina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back