Does anyone in the US care about the coronation in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Snaggs, with this, are all Canadian coins with QEII's portrait going to be rounded up and replaced with ones featuring King Charles?
Interesting question. So far it will go slow. I’ll bet there will be one coin coming with King Charles III. We were already producing paper money with no Royal members on it. Of course the efforts to produce coins are diminishing so the mint might let them play out until they disappear with QE II.

Last edited:
The only thing I find interesting about it was a short documentary about the restoration of the centuries old chair that Charles would sit on which happens to be covered with graffiti done by schoolboys back in the 1800's and reading about the car collection that Charles is inheriting. He received an Aston Martin DB6 convertible for his 21st birthday that is still part of the royal stable and valued at over a million pounds.

Oh, and to make fun of the women who are wearing ridiculous looking hats that think they are stylish but really look like lampshades from my grandma's house.

My understanding was that Edward VIII was forced out due to the suspicion that he was a Nazi Sympathizer. Marrying Wallis was just a cover for pushing him out.

It was an arranged marriage, and to be honest very normal back then for the higher up.
I know about arranged marriages. The Royals actually thought one would last in 1982? Maybe in 1882!

No, I don’t care too much about it but I did flip it on for couple of minutes. Even so, I do kind of like the whole royal family thing that’s iconic of Great Britain. Perhaps it’s just a throwback to an earlier period in history, but since it’s the most successful monarchy, I say, bring it on. I don’t think GB would be GB without the kingdom, I’m just nostalgic in that way. 🤷‍♂️

I just saw this story and wondered, was it done purposely?

After the procession started Harry was left standing with Beatrice and other nieces and nephews. At one point he was standing by himself. Not exactly the Center of attention.

I just saw this story and wondered, was it done purposely?

I'm very much doubt it was done purposely.

Harry got what he deserved, which is no formal part in the coronation, he couldn't have expected anything else. The blessing was that Megan declined to attend, she would have been a magnet for the cameras.

The surprise was that Prince Andrew seems to have been at least partially forgiven as he wore the Coronation garter robes which he wasn't expected to, not being a working royal.

Princess Anne did well to ride in the procession bearing in mind she is 72.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back