Does anyone here have the new Corolla Cross?

Bumping this thread, as I'm curious now about it. Now that I own a Corolla... my tolerance for hard plastics has improved. ;)

I did a quick glance at some reviews, and it sounds like it's underpowered, as it's the sedan engine but with more weight and drag. Thus less mpg. Hybrid is better of course.

RAV4 is better, and of course more costly.

I'm only looking as I'm wondering if I need a backup to our 20 year old CRV. Well, make my 20 year old CRV a backup instead. Well, replace the vehicle the daughter wrecked... TBH I think I'd be ok with another Corolla, as long as it had the 2.0 and some tow capacity listed somewhere in the world, I really want the ability to move my 4x8 trailer around again (the 1.8/CVT has a rating of zero elsewhere in the world). And something with VSC...
I purchased a Toyota cross hybrid two weeks ago and have 900 some odd miles on it. From my 46 mile each way commute. I have no compaliants. The Toyota safety sense 3.0 is a step up. The hybrid powertrain is both quick enough for what it is and efficient. Clocking pump confirmed 45 mpg on my last weeks Commutes.
Seating position in the cross and visibility is better than the sedan or the hatchback. I liked the look of the hatchback but the simplicity of the hybrid system the ECVT and its proven reliability plus the fact that the hybrid cross was zippier than the hatchback i test drove and liked, won me over.
Living with it as a daily the best term is , easy to live with.
Soft touch plastics? I am driving at 4:30 am i dont see much but the displays and they work fine. At 4: pm for my afternoon commute I am happy for the safety sense , dynamic cruise control and the consolidation prize of better mileage during traffic jams than if they weren’t there.

if you want a hatchback get the Corolla hatchback. They are decent and the xle is nice and all Corolla hatchbacks are made in Japan.
If you want a Corolla with max efficiency get a sedan hybrid. the Prius doesn’t look bad this year either

if you have to deal with road debris from construction and crazy truck traffic and truck debris ( well come to AustinTonio Mega growth town with Nafta through traffic) and would like a smidge better ground clearance and or like extra height for stuff Then the cross or cross hybrid fits the bill.
I have had nicer, I have had more powerful. Neither matter for my purpose I bought it for. The cross fits my 6’ 225 pLund frame jjust fine and is Perfectly comfortable for and hour to hour and an half commute and the lighting Helps my middle aged eyes.

I Would say test drive a hybrid if you haven’t already. The hybrid powertrain brings acceleration and power where it should be IMo but the standard version will definitely serve people Well.

Haven't tested a Cross yet, but we do like our Camry hybrid. I've come to like my Corolla, although I do notice it harder to get in and out of (shorter doors?).

Yes I think the Cross is tall enough entry to notice. I don’t feel squished in.
Hmm, will have to try at some point. Thing is, I'm short so height shouldn't be a problem--I should have been more clear--it's the length of the door that seems shorter.

Looks like they’ve embraced the “Carp Mouth “ look.

F0C790D0-D0F5-4FEA-8E73-C5EA602618F0.jpeg

Back