Dodge Dart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Article on Autoblog:

2013 Dodge Dart

This Is The 2013 Dodge Dart

Chrysler's slow striptease of its pivotal new Dodge Dart sedan has apparently gone on longer than the Internet can stand, because the embargo has started to break, giving us these full-bleed images and video of the handsome new C-segment sedan.

Revealed here in aggressive R/T guise and Limited trim (the white model), the Dart appears attractive and well-balanced to our eyes, looking almost like the Dodge Neon never stopped being developed. That might sound like a slam to some readers, but the Neon was a quick and entertaining small car in its heyday, with buoyant looks and attitude to spare. At a glance, the Dart appears to capture some of that energy but add in heaping helpings of much-needed refinement.

Chrysler has already promised a range of powertrains for the Dart, including three different engines and a trio of transmissions (including an optional nine-speed automatic!). Power will come from the automaker's range of new Tigershark small-displacement engines, including a 2.0-liter, 16-valve four, a 1.4-liter MultiAir turbo and a 2.4-liter MultiAir.

The Dart's underlying platform is expected to be a much-massaged version of the chassis underpinning the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, with 68 percent of its wider and longer architecture comprised of high-strength steel.

We'll know more when the silk comes off this Dodge at the Detroit Auto Show in just a couple of days. For now, check out our high-res gallery and see the B-roll video after the jump.

I see lots of Neon in its profile.Cab forward,stubby tail.No wonder they didnt call it Neon,the poor record that car has amassed for itself.Saw a really rusty 2nd Gen Neon today,cant believe someone would actually keep driving a car that badly rotted away,especially when its worthless.

I...... love it. That is a good looking car right there. And the interior looks good too. Nice job Fiat/Chryco. I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that I think that right now Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat are putting out some of the best looking cars on the market, with the new Charger, the new Journey, new 300, and this.

Last edited:
The high and low beams of the headlight make it look like it has lazy eyes.

It doesn't look bad but it doesn't look quite right either. IMO shrinking the design of a Charger to fit it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it look better in person

While the appearance of the Dart is nothing exceptional,the Alfa Guilietta certainly was, an amazing looking small car, I can get past that if the car is well built, realiable, and fun to drive compared to the competition, if the price is right I might consider it. But still I would prefer the hatchback.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the interior. I don't like the fluid curves in the dash that wrap around the HVAC controls. Looks like mid-90's cheesy, except it's rock hard plastic instead of poorly grained soft-touch material.

The seats look bulky and overbolstered, though I find that to be a common theme in many Chrysler products.

I see a lot of Kia Forte Coupe in the design forward of the B-pillar.

That first picture reminded me of my old Neon SRT-4, a lot. Can you say future 'Dart SRT-4'?
smile.gif

That's a slick-looking car. If it drives anywhere near as nice as it looks, a lot of folks are going to be very happy. Good job Chrysler!

Too bad it wasn't available this fall. I would have looked hard at it in addition to the Elantra/Focus/SX4/Cruze when car-shopping.

I like it...hopefully the drivetrains back up the looks. I have a soft spot for Chrysler and am quietly rooting for them...might have considered this car had it been available last fall.

Not bad at all, but I agree with most that it looks like a Grown-up Neon...not that that is a 'bad' thing....

I really like the interior, looks well-made. Should be a good car overall!

what is the deal? a dart? name it something else, I thought it was gonna be a new muscle car, but it was this reborn neon! gahh!

Man, very generic. Front end looks like just about every econobox out there.

Depressing, as a former owner and racer of 67-69 Darts, to see the name used for this. But yeah the Darts in the day were mostly viewed as a cookie cutter base model car.

I hope Chevy comes out with a Vega and Ford a Pinto.

I love my classic Mopars but c'mon, the original Dart was a real cheapo car. Nothing much at all without a hot motor in it.

Change is good.

They are certainly going to be running a lot of boost through that 1.4L Fiat Multiar engine. 160HP? I know that the Cruze will do 160HP- with a 22psi tune.

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford
what is the deal? a dart? name it something else, I thought it was gonna be a new muscle car, but it was this reborn neon! gahh!

Calling it a reborn neon is unfair. It's probably going to be a fantastic compact car, if the recent new Chrysler Products are anything to judge by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back