Best looking current model Chevy I have seen in years, and don't know what it was.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Earlier this week I was in Laos. I saw this super sharp SUV, very attractive, balanced, had a fully confident stance. Remind me a bit of a high end 4Runner.

When the suv passed me, I was blown away to see a Chevy label on it. I have no idea what this was, where it is built, but wow it was sharp for a mid sized SUV. I wondered if it was built off the Colorado platform.

I wasn't able to get a picture. 😕

Did you happen to see where the license plate was from? Maybe it’s something for the Mexican market?

Being a 4Runner owner myself and cross-shopping many similar vehicles over the last 30 years, my only guess would be a circa-2009 Trailblazer SS, though that body style is now quite dated.

Laos bought the stamping dies and all the mechanical parts to assemble brand new Corvair utility/panel/window vans. You have a discerning eye.(y)

Was it the 2017 Trailblazer?
1711102416419.jpg

Or the 2024 Trailblazer?
1711102527016.jpg

Or maybe the all new Tracker? (note the spoiler)
1711102733602.jpg

Was it the 2017 Trailblazer?
View attachment 209662

Or the 2024 Trailblazer?
View attachment 209663

Or maybe the all new Tracker? (note the spoiler)
View attachment 209664
I am not sure what I saw. The SUV caught my eye like a really high end, well built vehicle. When I went to see what it was, I was expecting a Japanese or maybe a German vehicle. I was blown away when I saw it was a Chevy. If Chevy brings what I saw to the US it will be a category leader on looks alone. I have no clue on the drivetrain.

The Chevy looked super well designed/balanced. Not just punching a ticket. Hard to even explain. Other than Chevy full size trucks, nothing has inspired me from Chevy in this century. This was inspiring, so much so if it came to the US, I am sure my daughter would love it and I liked it so much I would give her a nice gift towards the purchase.

And for note, the last big three vehicle platform that impressed me that was not a full size truck was the Chrysler 300/charger, and that was released a few decades ago. Simply haven't seen something that wowed me from the big 3 in a few decades. I had wanted the latest Lincoln Continental to impress, but in the end just another vehicle with a bunch of parts bolted together.

Do want to add I also liked the Bonneville GXP platform, just didn't like the Northstar forced into it. Had GM installed a updated 3.8 sc drivetrain, that Bonneville would have kept me a GM buyer. The SSEi, which I purchased two new, were just ugly.

Last edited:
"How soon will it croak?" Is the question you should be asking.

I had an S10 Blazer. 4.3L. Tranny shifted depending on the price of sphalerite in India, rattled like a rickety downhill runaway cart at 13,333 feet in the Andes and stuff fell off at pre-determined intervals, probably set during the reign of some unnamed pharaoh.

I would wait a year or three and see.............save for your Texas house.

Last edited:
@GON I think what you saw is a 2024 Chevrolet Traverse. Likely a Z71 trim, since it resembled the 4Runner. Apparently they're finally going away from the 3.6L to the 2.5L Turbo.
- 328 horsepower / 326 lb.-ft of torque.
- 8-speed dual clutch auto.
- 17/25MPG with AWD. 18/27MPG with the FWD.
EDIT: I completely missed the location (Laos), so now I don't think that SUV you saw is the Traverse.
2024-traverse-design-02~2-01.jpeg
2024-traverse-design-03~2-01.jpeg
2024-traverse-highlights-01~2-01.jpeg
2024-traverse-highlights-03~2-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess it could be the upper trim of this TrailBlazer offered overseas. It's 2.8L DuraMax diesel, and RWD standard, which resembles the Colorado/Canyon platform.
1000017680.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful cars but man I am just leary of GM.
The only ones I owned, or ever will own again, is a GMT400. Nothing compares. Love those gutless gas guzzlers. Only other one I'd be happy with is the Classic Square body Suburban, 1987+ with a 350 TBI, but those have really went up in price, so GMT400 it is.
None of the newer ones tickle my pickle.

Back