Buick Regal GS now with 6 speed and 255hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
Not to mention it's just plain ugly.

You must have seen the latest Acuras then....THAT'S ugly.

Ditto. New Acuras are very ugly.. I like the looks of the new regal but have yet to see any on the road. Are they not selling well yet? I think that this is a car that can break that Buick stigma.(Very floaty and boring). I hope it sells well.

I test drove a LaCrosse this weekend, a silver with light gray leather interior. It was pleasant, though a bit tighter inside than I'm used to. The ride isn't harsh, and the cabin -- which is very cockpit-like, with the sweeping center stack and floor auto shift -- is very quiet, so while I was aware of bumps and cracks in the road, they didn't annoy me much. The A/C worked fine, too, without even having the fan on the highest setting.

It had the same issue with the gas pedal that the Park Avenue did at first: Its angle is such that when I give it gas, my foot practically has to search for the pedal. GM's gas pedal extender solved that on the PA, so I suppose it would work for this one.

I sat in but didn't drive a Regal. In some ways the interior seemed less cramped than the LaCrosse's, and reminded me of the cabin of my Mercedes C230, the W202. I like the idea of an estimated 30 mpg on the highway on regular gas, but don't care for a stiff suspension and low-profile, large tires. Once I drive one, I'll see.

I like the new Buick's sat in a number of them at the Auto show in the spring, felt very Lexus like. By that I mean competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back