2024 Dodge Charger Revealed

Very nice. And i like that it harkens back to this legendary profile.
Small thing but i wish the doors were scalloped like the G.Lee too (ahead of the "0").

View attachment 206788
View attachment 206789
So many dissatisfied with this new model but then a picture like this shows up and you see how close they came to those great '69-'73 Chargers. Good job, in my estimation.

I just watched an episode of those English guys that travel the world driving different things and acting goofy. It was the one where they went to Detroit and drove a Camaro Exorcist, Mustang RTR and the Hot Charger that gives you a dragstrip kit with the car. They drove the crap out of them. All but the Mustang had 1k HP and were hard to keep on the road. I wouldn't want those cars after they finished with them.

Jeremy, Richard, and James are some of the best car minds/entertainers in the world IMO. I just watched the latest installment of The Grand Tour on Amazon, it was fantastic.

Two doors are dumb IMO. Should have kept it separate with the 2 door one called the Challenger for people that want such a thing.

As for the EV aspect, interesting of them to offer basically the same car as both EV and ICE. Sure there are downsides to that but I like it. EVs don’t have to look “weird” or “different” and anything that normalizes them is a positive in my book.
I think they did this because of the waning interest in EV’s, and no Highway Patrol wants an electric car with the kind of driving they do, especially here in Arkansastan.

I think they did this because of the waning interest in EV’s, and no Highway Patrol wants an electric car with the kind of driving they do, especially here in Arkansastan.
It was the only way you were getting an ICE version. There wasn't going to be a separate model and because Dodge has waited so long to invest in an EV the V8 died in the process. The problem is that it's a half measure and both versions will suffer for it. At least Ford made a completely different model in EV to allow the V8 Mustang to continue.

I'm really starting to dislike this current car market. Half steps make worse overall cars. I do have to say that I'm happy it didn't become another depressing half attempt crossover. Literally the ugliest and worse form factor for efficiency we have available and the general market is soaking it up. Proof that the average consumer lacks critical thinking skills. Also why it might not sell well. If this car market gets any worse I'll just buy another EV and forget I liked cars in the first place.

It was the only way you were getting an ICE version. There wasn't going to be a separate model and because Dodge has waited so long to invest in an EV the V8 died in the process. The problem is that it's a half measure and both versions will suffer for it. At least Ford made a completely different model in EV to allow the V8 Mustang to continue.

I'm really starting to dislike this current car market. Half steps make worse overall cars. I do have to say that I'm happy it didn't become another depressing half attempt crossover. Literally the ugliest and worse form factor for efficiency we have available and the general market is soaking it up. Proof that the average consumer lacks critical thinking skills. Also why it might not sell well. If this car market gets any worse I'll just buy another EV and forget I liked cars in the first place.
Try and look at it from the manufacturer view. You have the political will of wanting to go all EV within a certain timestamp, then that slowly gets legislated away. So now you have invested millions into EV, just to be brought back to ICE. So since you’ve dumped all that money into changing up your platform, you can’t let it go to waste, along with what still remained of your previous ICE platform. So mix and match. Still have an EV, Still able to produce ICE. A few grill changes and viola! Two same-named, but different looking models.

Try and look at it from the manufacturer view. You have the political will of wanting to go all EV within a certain timestamp, then that slowly gets legislated away. So now you have invested millions into EV, just to be brought back to ICE. So since you’ve dumped all that money into changing up your platform, you can’t let it go to waste, along with what still remained of your previous ICE platform. So mix and match. Still have an EV, Still able to produce ICE. A few grill changes and viola! Two same-named, but different looking models.
I understand the decisions that got it there and I do think it'll be an interesting car in both forms, but I'm sure that will affect the EV version in ways that will affect range and some other drivability in the same way that the F150 Lightning suffered drawbacks of using an ICE platform. I think it'll still be a good car, but may not be as good as it could have been. I'm definitely at least curious depending on price and possibly could be interested in either version in the 4 door.

Back